Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-23-2005, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This is what about $12 a month can get you...

Using Yahoo small business I put together a webpage for my real estate business for about $12 a month!

I started with a blank page although they do have page templates....I made thisin just a few hours. I like it. I think it a great start....I had a expensive website and cancelled it after I found this.

I have to tell you its for real estate but you will get the idea....

Oh...yea....anyone moving to the Fayetteville NC area need to buy a house??? LOL

www.jtprevatte.com
Old 10-24-2005, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Some things I noticed.
The size was a little wide. I browse @ 1280x1024 and your site @ 970+ width will be more viewable area than most people browse at. (1024x768)

The linked pages do not match the title bar text. ie, "about me" is "about us". Also "blank" is for the home page.

Your Footer
Quote:
"Providing a "truly unique" real estate experience!"
Starts with a Black " and ends with a Red ". I also think I would just italicize it instead of having double ""'s.

I would also put your address or "serving xyz county/town" under Favoriteagent.com so people know your location, Favagent.com sounds like a generic referral site with 1000's of listings. You need people to know what area they are dealing with.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I did'nt see a link to Prevattes lawn care in the local links.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

good point...I made all those pages and was tired of typing.....LOL
Old 10-29-2005, 04:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

It's cool the thread shows what you can do with 12 dollars/month and is right on track with how much money you SHOULD be spending, there is little sense in spending more at least until your TRAFFIC crashes your server day after day, and that is not as easy as it looks.

For the other thing, all I can say is be careful and I hope you don't take it personal but I find http://favoriteagent.com/ has all the appearances of a get-rich-quick thing (MLM, Pyramid scam, Ponzi scheme).
Old 10-29-2005, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites
It's cool the thread shows what you can do with 12 dollars/month and is right on track with how much money you SHOULD be spending, there is little sense in spending more at least until your TRAFFIC crashes your server day after day, and that is not as easy as it looks.

For the other thing, all I can say is be careful and I hope you don't take it personal but I find http://favoriteagent.com/ has all the appearances of a get-rich-quick thing (MLM, Pyramid scam, Ponzi scheme).
No thats one thing that is having to be overcome.

The office I work with "FavoriteAgent" is a REAL real estate firm and was started here in Fayetteville, NC. In just 18 months they have grown from #386 in size to the largest real estate firm in Fayetteville.

What you have read on the site is for the originator to try and expand nationwide which has already started. He really has some ingenious (not tricky) thinking and a lot of people have a hard time understanding this thinking because it goes against the "traditional" real estate practices.

But I can tell you this.....the world is going internet...like it or not and if the older "traditional companies do not make some changes they are going to really decline in their business.

I encourage you to go back to www.favoriteagent.com and listen to some of the owners testimonials about the systems that he has and then make you judgement.

I promise you that this is no get rich quick scheme as all of the realestate professionals that are associated with FavoriteAgent.com are member of the Fayetteville Assoc of REALTORS, the NC ASSOC of REALTORS and the NAtional Assoc of REALTORS. That means we are held to the same high standards required of any company in business and I personnaly take that vey seriously.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I can lead you to the light but force you to open your eyes I can not.

A Realtor is a true professional listed by the Government as such and holds a position equivalent to doctors, and lawyers. Becoming a realtor requires certification and education such as what is offered by colleges and universities, preferrably ones been around for 100 years or so.

To be a realtor you'll need to meet certain criteria, here's the bare basics:
http://real-estate-careers.longandfo...r_License.aspx
(I used Long and Foster because it's a trusted, well-known name's been around for as long as I can remember.)

I point out the following:
You need a foundation of real estate law and theory required to pass the state exam. Said exam is administered by none other than your state, in addition to needing a FOUNDATION in LAW. Yes, a true realtor IS kinda like a lawyer = YEARS of going to school.

As one might gain, passing the real estate exam is the minimum requirement.
Here's more:
http://real-estate-careers.longandfo...niversity.aspx
-- dat be collidge lol

Here are Long & Foster's training centers:
http://real-estate-careers.longandfo...g_Centers.aspx
--- campuses. ahhhhh, more collidge...

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but MLM's are the epitomy of the American worker. NOTHING erodes our economy worse than money for nothing, fool's gold and scammers selling empty dreams. Shame on the b@$7@rds who run these enterprises, I wish they'd give them all 20+ years in jail but I do see the government's point: It IS a non-violent crime and the victims gave their money of their own (if a bit silly) will. Ain't nothing wrong with being a little dumb, but don't let greed blind your judgement.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but MLM's are the epitomy of the American worker. NOTHING erodes our economy worse than money for nothing, fool's gold and scammers selling empty dreams. Shame on the b@$7@rds who run these enterprises, I wish they'd give them all 20+ years in jail but I do see the government's point: It IS a non-violent crime and the victims gave their money of their own (if a bit silly) will. Ain't nothing wrong with being a little dumb, but don't let greed blind your judgement.
I really do not understand your point. I AM a licensed real estate Broker in NC and this is a legitiment company just like any other. I think a lot of people have misconceptions due to the unclarity of the website. BUT, I assure you that as a REALTOR I am just as ethical as anyone in the business and if you ever travel to Fayetteville I invite you to come by the office and take a look around.

No they are not as big as say Century 21.....YET....but they are also only 17 months old. Favorite Agent was actually the name of the "individual" team within the office of a Century 21 that he worked for before splitting off to form hiw own business. The founder personally listed over 116 properties the last year that he sold and was, well, costing Century 21 too much money in commissions and they suggested that he form his own company.

This IS NOT, I again repeat, NOT, a get rich quick scheme, nor a MLM, nor anything of that sort. This company USES the internet as a lead generation source, something many older companies fear, and I personally recieve over 30 to 40 leads per week. The leads come from actual browsers of the site that willingly input their information.

Once again, if you come to Fayetteville, please feel free to stop by.