Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-05-2001, 06:32 AM
LawnSite Member

I have the $95 Earthway spreader I bought at Agway. The paperwork that came with it does not have any instructions on what setting to use to spread Lesco products, commercial stuff - not the HD crap. How do I find out what to set it at so I do not over apply. I have been guessing and seem to be using 60,000 square feet worth of material on a 48,000 square foot lot.

Thanks,
Brento
Old 04-05-2001, 08:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Brento,
Lesco will have something to calibtrate your spreader. I dont know what it is called but its a couple pieces of plastic with notches marked with numbers. Put the number of the setting in the hole of your spreader and adjust spreader to that size. Good luck.
Old 04-05-2001, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You can get settings at http://www.earthway.com/pdf%20files/bsetting.pdf (you need adobe acrobat, a free viewer plug-in to read) or, according to earthway, just take the Cyclone setting on the bag and add 10 to the number.
Old 04-08-2001, 12:15 AM
Banned

ok here is what you do to find out how much you need. it is a real pain though. you go and find how much of an area the spreader will effectively that is a pain. then you have to set up a tarp and figure out the coverage area for one pass. so if your tarp is 20 feet long and your coverage swath is 20 feet then you have 20x20 then you cover that once with your spreader if you are only gonna go over your area one time. 2 times if you are gonna go over it two times. then you weigh the material applied and you figure out how much you would have put down at that rate to 40M or however large your area is. then you adjust that to what the bag says. it will take a while, but it is real accurate.