Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-26-2005, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Black beauty is the abrasive material that goes into the mix its ground up coal slag , its used for traction . If you are serious about striping and sealing , demo a line lazer by graco , some sherwin williams dealers carry the machine , its the caddy of stripers.

That unit you purchaced is the bug sprayer I was refering to in my previous post ,its a trusco , I had a school want to give me one that they used 1 time . It took them a week to stripe a lot with 1000 spaces . They had to thin the paint it only lasted 2 months . I told the maintenance guys it would be good for spraying round up along the fence line.
We came in , sprayed all the spaces in 5 hours with 2 machines and didnt cut the paint , job still looks good 3 years later.

Go to www.parkinglotplanet.com get the real scoop on machines there . I still use air atomizing ( air compressor and paint pots ) they consider these machines antiques . But they still work . ( I have a 1973 model Wald that still works great) I also have 2 of the airless which are lighter and therefore faster .
Old 09-27-2005, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have used this paint sprayer for two seasons and never had to thin the paint. I put the amount of paint (strained) i need and pressurize the tank to 80 - 90 psi and go. never had a problem. Now when the need comes and i have to go to a commercial one the i'll look into one, till then i'll let this one make me more money.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Thumbs up

Complete instructions free on-line. No gimmicks or anything for sale either. http://www.parkinglotstriping.info