Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-31-2005, 12:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

for my mother-inlaws i use a green outdoor 3 prong. that way it blends in
Old 09-01-2005, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Member

We make our own cords ahead of time during "down time". I buy a spool of outdoor 12-2 and we put our own ends on them. We also buy some if we don't have enough, you can get them from an electrical supply wholesale company. Call around and find a wholesale electrical place to buy the male/female and spools with. Also they can be very helpful with advice on the electical supply side of things. We refer people to a local electrician when we don't have enough outlets on the outside to plug into. You may also find some of this at Home Depot, but personally, I don't like the lack of service I get at our local stores, so I don't shop there unless I have to. I would rather support a local business man than a national corporation.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I have always charged by the foot for my supplies. C9's are the most popular. Garland is always the toughest sell because my cost is so high. I get my supplies from a couls websiteshttp://www.aachristmas.com http://www.christmaslightsetc.com these two have been great to me. If anyone has any questions feel free to email menikegolf44@aol.com one question I have....is it more worth it to flier or to mail out postcards?
Old 09-06-2005, 02:41 AM
LawnSite Member

try www.gkibethlehem.com for foliage, i've dealt with them. High quality, i crossed referenced their prices and they are alot cheaper. Action Lighting has reasonable prices for minis, clips and accesories, C9's are better priced at GKI.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Member

I have had good sucess the past 3 years with a lot of my customers. I charge $2-$3 per foot for c7 or c9,which includes install and take down, and about 1/2 that for the minilights. We also charge extra for all extension cords and 3-way splitter plugs, and timers.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Member

I've done Christmas lights a couple years now and charge 2 strands and hour. That includes everything, meaning if I go to a job that will require 20 strands I charge 10 hours door to door. If I am providing the lights, cords and hangers I charge double what I pay to cover the time spent getting them.

I started out just charging by the hour but that only worked for my regular clients who knew me. It was a problem with new ones so I came up with this system.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

All right going to help you out.

here are some suppliers.

www.buyinflatables.com

www.lightorama.com

www.actionlighting.com

and for advice...... www.planetchristmas.com

here is my website. oh and i have made and or rebuilt all the wireframes you see on this site. www.ridgeharborchristmas.com

drop me an email and let me know what you think