Register free!

Old 02-04-2001, 06:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bob,I would bet he is cutting that lawn for 10.00 too...I hear ya...feel free to vent.John
Old 04-13-2001, 01:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bobbygedd
they do fine per app., right?
Here in New York the dec fines you $5000.00 per accurance. If this guy is not licensed I would be on the phone right after he made his first application. This is why good chemicals get pulled off the market because of these un-licensed guys like him that use these chemicals and someone gets hurt.
Old 04-13-2001, 01:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm with sodfather. There is nothing worse than some dumba-- out there with a sprayer full of Dursban and a pair of cutoffs. It gives legit applicators a bad name. Most people that I have met don't know someone even needs to be certified. To a reasonable extent we must police ourselves.
Good Luck,
Jim L
Old 04-13-2001, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

BOBBY hay i am from n.j. also. and it sounds like the job i bid on... JUST KIDEN...
you know,welcome to the real world.. it stinks to loose a job this way but you know what your cost are and you know deep down that you bid on it the way you should.just let it go .if he was up your but and stealing all your jobs ,it's one thing. just like bob from del. said she maybe not happy and may call you ... keep and eye on it as soon as you see it going down hill call her ask her if there is anything you can do...
good luck and turn your cheak it's hard but as a professional you have to do it.
anthony
Old 04-14-2001, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Bobby, @ .6cents per square ft around here, that is the going reate per app up to 10,000-11000 sq. ft, where it drops to .5 or .4. if it is 4500 sq. ft, there are BIG spray companies that will do that property for 27 bucks an app, and it'll look pretty good. I have a $35 minimum, and the lime would be based on how much the ph needs adjusting. on the fert and spray, around here, that guys close to my competition. Dave