Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-30-2005, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Member

cub cadet series 6000 good or not?

I am thinking about purchasing the cub series 6000 with the FEL and maybe the hoe. I know the cat motor is good but how is the rest of the unit? there is no dealers with in 100 miles that carry the series 6000 or even the 5000 series. I know there is better tractors like john deere and kubota. but the reason why I am looking the cub direction is that my bro works at a mtd place that ships out all mtd products and he is the district manager. he get 20-60% percent off all mtd products plus if there is any damaged products he gets the discount plus alot more. I can get 20% off of cub.... so I can get the series 6000 for $11,050 with tax. that is the tractor unit itself not with loader or hoe. is that a good enough deal to go with? I know the small cubs that lowes and tsc sell suck but this is a compact tractor. I did see one at a fair once and it looked pretty nice but that was too long ago to remember any details. any info on this cub tractor will be helpful.

thanks

Mark
Old 12-30-2005, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Member

well I got to see one in person and it is ok. I decided not to go for it since I couldn't find any reviews on it just a few thing like "working good so far"... so I am going to look that the new kubota which is coming soon to my dealer the BX24 an upgraded version of the bx23. I know the kubotas are good. I may buy a cub W/B but that is going to be the only cub I will own at least for now.