Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-03-2006, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Kubota B3030 rutting?

I am going to be purchasing a tractor this spring. I want to do all my researching early so I will know what tractor to purchase when the time comes. I am looking at Kubota. really only two models the BX24 or the B3030. I know there is a huge differance between the two. I am really leaning toward the 3030 with the FEL then down the road possible the BH. but I am concerned about rutting up existing lawns when remulching and adding more to the landscape. I do want the bar tires. any info about this model (B3030) good and bad will help me out.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicksilverado01
I am going to be purchasing a tractor this spring. I want to do all my researching early so I will know what tractor to purchase when the time comes. I am looking at Kubota. really only two models the BX24 or the B3030. I know there is a huge differance between the two. I am really leaning toward the 3030 with the FEL then down the road possible the BH. but I am concerned about rutting up existing lawns when remulching and adding more to the landscape. I do want the bar tires. any info about this model (B3030) good and bad will help me out.
I mean the R4 tires.

can any one help me out?
Old 01-03-2006, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't know much about the Kubota... But I can tell you that if you're not flying about a clients property, turning sharp and fast with a bucket full of material, or stopping or starting really fast the R4 tires don't do anything to the turf. Even if it's a little wet. Mind you that's just based on my own personal experience.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnScenes
I don't know much about the Kubota... But I can tell you that if you're not flying about a clients property, turning sharp and fast with a bucket full of material, or stopping or starting really fast the R4 tires don't do anything to the turf. Even if it's a little wet. Mind you that's just based on my own personal experience.
good to hear I just test drove one around the dealer test site and it did extremly well. in some flooded areas in the turf section it left little dimples but did the same as the turf tires on the same ground.

thanks for the info
Old 01-08-2006, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

B3030

We purchased a new B3030 HSDC in october. She weighs in at 3700 lbs with fel attached.