Register free!

Old 01-16-2006, 04:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Muddstopper's straw blower

Muddstopper, saw in old post that you bought a yellow jacket straw blower last spring. Are you happy with it? Any problems?

Any one else used this brand? thanks
Old 01-16-2006, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have to say the machine does what i want it to. I bought one of the first ones built. they have made a few changes since then. I had the tray extention added to mine but other than that no problems with it yet. Probaby blowed around 1000 bales with it last year. I am looking for a bigger one tho, I need something to handle round bales instead of the square ones. I plan on keeping the YellowJacket for lawns and small jobs. If you are need one, I think Ron at K&M products has another one in stock. He sold a bunch of them last year and had a hard time keeping them in stock. http://www.kmproductsofnc.com/

For comparison.
Finn tailgate mulcher 17in blower fan 20hp
Bowie Tailgate mulcher, 18 in blower fan 20hp
Tgmi tailgate mulcher, not sure but about the same as Finn
Yellowjacket Tailgate mulcher, 20in blower fan, 25hp Kholer and a cheaper price to boot. Bigger engine available, but you dont need it. I have to slow mine down, especially for close range.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I treid to Pm you but you must not have enough posts to let you recieve pms. send me a email muddstopper@yahoodotcom if you have more questions. I plan on blowing straw this weekend, weather permitting, and you can come up and see the machine work
Old 01-17-2006, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

price ??

i am looking to buy a straw blower this coming year whats the price on that model an it skid mounted please let me know thanks george
Old 01-17-2006, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

George, I got a special deal on my machine since i was the Guinea pig. I think the blowers with the modifications that mine dont have is around $7000, give or take a few bucks. it all depends on the bells and whistles. Your best bet is to give Ron or Judy a call and ask. He delivers to a pretty wide area and you might be able to get him to drop one off or meet you somewhere with the machine. Or you can comedown this weekend and help me run mine to see if you like the machine. (I keep hinting at someone to come demo my machine because my wife fired all the help last week and I have straw to blow LOL)

Machine is skid mounted and weights around 700lbs, guesstimate.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Member

I am being forced to attend a wedding out of town this weekend.... would rather blow straw. thanks anyway for the offer and the info. will call k&m this week