Register free!

Old 01-13-2006, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

"The Worlds Perception Of Us"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnworks
I have never priced per bush. I just try to make 50-75 per man hour. There is alot of money in pruning. Alot of lawn monkeys do not want to touch hedges because it hard manual labor, but I love it. I think it is more profitable than mowing.
What ever you can do to serarate yourself from the common Landscaper, maintance guy, "Lawn Monkey",.....is to your favor in todays market ....it really a shame how poorly clients percieve the "Weekly Guy"....my buddy has over 300 steady accounts, 4-dumps, 4-enclosed trailers and 15 men on payroll.....last year we tried something new, when a client called for an installation quote, I went instead of my Buddy........My job sold for about $4000.00 higher than what he woulda charged, and the only thing different was that I met the client at the nursery for a walk through and I was the "New Arborist / Horticulturist" on Staff........but back to the main question?.....I charge between $75-150 per man hour on trimming / shapeing, plus a dump charge
Old 01-14-2006, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocutting
What ever you can do to serarate yourself from the common Landscaper, maintance guy, "Lawn Monkey",.....is to your favor in todays market ....it really a shame how poorly clients percieve the "Weekly Guy"....my buddy has over 300 steady accounts, 4-dumps, 4-enclosed trailers and 15 men on payroll.....last year we tried something new, when a client called for an installation quote, I went instead of my Buddy........My job sold for about $4000.00 higher than what he woulda charged, and the only thing different was that I met the client at the nursery for a walk through and I was the "New Arborist / Horticulturist" on Staff........but back to the main question?.....I charge between $75-150 per man hour on trimming / shapeing, plus a dump charge
Wow.......just wow.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocutting
I charge between $75-150 per man hour on trimming / shapeing, plus a dump charge
Well your numbers are going to be alot higher than the norm b/c of the cost of living where you operate.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If a large overgrown unmaintained hedge is what we are talking about.about 30' or 45'long...well I will just look at it and give a price of $250.00 to $300.00
usually.If it's a quick trim off new growth of a maintained hedge...then 75 to 100...if I am just shaping up some little bushes..8 to 10 a bush depending on the shape they are in
Old 01-15-2006, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Trimming? Are you using a hedge type of trimmer? If this is the case you are in the ballpark. If you are truly "pruning" which is certainly different than "shearing" your numbers are low. Pruning is done by hand with hand loppers or shears and takes much more time. Price accordingly
Old 01-15-2006, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeningup
Trimming? Are you using a hedge type of trimmer? If this is the case you are in the ballpark. If you are truly "pruning" which is certainly different than "shearing" your numbers are low. Pruning is done by hand with hand loppers or shears and takes much more time. Price accordingly
Definately, the key is time. More time = more money. I think you have to at least have a man hour rate in mind.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I charge stickly by the hour. Never had any complaints about it.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:39 AM
LawnSite Member

i agree with the dump fee. most of the places around here charge a dump fee for landscapers so include that plus a little for travel in ur price.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Blades,

Love the Lightning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!