Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2001, 07:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I believe Lawnsite to be both informative and entertaining. On that note I would like to relate a story to you that fits this theme.
Two days ago I returned home after 11 hours on my Walker feeling kinda tired. I have been out for 4 days in a row trying to catch up on the dethatchings and spring cleans that keep piling up because of the bad weather. Now I really didn't do alot of physical work over the winter and thought that sitting on the computer may get me in shape for sitting on my Walker. I was wrong.
As I walked into the house that night it appeared as if I rode a horse across the wild west with a pair of burlap underwear on. Now there are only a couple of addresses on my body that can make me lose a step. The first one is the obvious address that houses a couple of nuts. The second one is the alley garden that has a rosebud in the middle. It is this area I am relating to. The equatorial area between the East and West Hemisphere had aquired quite a rash from the combination of rubbing, bouncing, 1 ply paper from the roadside outhouse, thatch, Team-Pro, and the perspiration soaked BVD's that liked being wedged into that area more often than not.
To make a long story short I had a rash!!!DIAPER RASH!!!

I came home and walked in and was greeted by my 5 year old woh looked at me kinda funny. Hi Daddy- Whats wrong with your feet?
I said hi and waddle-walked past her and went to the kitchen and sat down (slowly). I said hi to my bride and asked her if she had any type of solution that may relieve the pain that was increasing by the minute.
She disappeared into the bathroom and emerged with a tube of Desitin (which for those of you who don't have kids is a diaper rash cream). She told me to try it.

I took the tube and retreated to the bathroom with my 5 year old in tow. What are you gonna do with that Daddy? I quickly told her to go and watch Barney and I locked the door. Down with the drawers and a man size gob of this white slurry was applied to the sensitive area along with all adjoining areas.
Instant relief!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I cannot believe how well this worked. I am not too proud to say that this stuff brought a 39 year old 210Lb guy right back off the floor. I would have missed the next day without this stuff.
So my advise to all of you is to be resourceful when it comes to anything you do. Try to wear clean underwear, you never know when you may have an accident, and always carry a tube of DESITIN in your glove box. I do