Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-18-2006, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Demo Kit

We use a demo kit purchased from Cast Lighting last year. It comes with cast aluminum bullet fixtures. No path lights, but we added them to it. Comes with transformer wired with quick connects to the 4 commons. All wiring is quick connect. 4 mains and 20 16gauge leads for the fixtures. Wire is on a spinning spool, so you peel right off and roll back on. The military style case is big. I recommend taking out wire and carrying seperately to save your back. Takes about 45 minutes to set up.
It has been an effective tool for clients who do not have a definititive idea of what landscape lighting will do for their home. Often they are amazed by the demo and the results. Leave it for few days and light up your lawn sign. For clients with knowledge of landscape lighting, we use a portfolio. We are trying the Ambience Lighting program now. Seems pretty nice. I will post a pic using it.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Member

NY,

Where do you find the ambiance lighting program. I too have the cast demo kit and find it very well thought out. Do you limit how many fixtures you set up? Also how did you adapt to the path lights? I was also wondering what your close rate is with the demo kit. I am trying to figure out a way to have the least amount of visits to the lead's site and be able to close the sale. Do you try to close the deal when you take down the demo or do you get back to them later with a proposal? Any tips? Thanks for your response.

Darron
Old 01-19-2006, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Member

DMan,

The ambiance lighting program is the one Paul mentioned in another post. You can download a free trial through the kichler website. Just started playing with it. Seems like it might be nice to bring the latop, take picture of the clients property and instantly show them a sample of what their lighting will look like. Would be like adding their home to the portfolio instantly, for them to see.

We just added the extra quick connects from the cast demo to the leads on some pathlights. 1 or 2 just to show their effect.

We have had people joke when we go back and say can't you just leave the demo up. It does help for clients who are on the fence about lighting. We put up the demo, talk to the client, learn their wants and needs, explain our ideas, and come back with poposal and take down demo.
Chris
Old 01-19-2006, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I can't seem to find ambiance lighting program on Kichlers site. Can you provide a link?
Old 01-19-2006, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Member

http://www.alogix.com/index.htm
Old 01-19-2006, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Does everyone sketch or draw a "Lighting Plan" and or flag out where the proposed fixtures will be placed? Obtaining a site or landscape plan also would save some drawing time. Lets hear what everyones normal procedure is. Thanks
Old 01-20-2006, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

It is always good to use a site plan if you can get one. If not, you should make a sketch of the project. This is covered in the LVLIA Standards of Installation.

Paul R Gosselin, Sr., CLVLT(#0632)
NightScenes Corporation
President, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com
www.facebook.com/NightScenes
Old 01-20-2006, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Paul
When u obtain a copy of the site or landscape plan do u just sketch a lighting plan right on top of it? Are u doing many installs yet or if not when do u think they will begin?
Old 01-20-2006, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

If the home owner will give me a copy of the site plan, I will use it, if not I will sketch one. It isn't fancy but it does show what and where. I install year round down here.

Paul R Gosselin, Sr., CLVLT(#0632)
NightScenes Corporation
President, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com
www.facebook.com/NightScenes