Register free!

Old 02-09-2006, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Vista Lighting Products

I am thinking about "learning" on my own house before I offer the landscape lighting to my landscape customers. I need something to show my customers for a presentation.

Having said this could everyone please tell me their opinions of Vista products.

What is your (or anyone else that cares to comment) impression of Vista MT Series transformers.

I am going to use Vista 2250's for uplight some trees and columns. What are the ups and downs of their lights?

Thanks ahead of time. This forum is better than any college education!
Old 02-09-2006, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I haven't seen a vista install in a few years they used to be crap buy there is lots more competition now so they may have improved. They used to come with barbed connectors like malibu's to connect the lights to the regular wires. In my opinion things to look for How may hours do the bulbs last and how much do they cost, in the fixtures you are considering. Some bulbs are 17.00 each some 1.44, some last 500-600 hours others last 5,000 hrs or longer. Does the transformer meet UL standards. Are you connecting to a lug set up or wire nutting into loose wires. Does the transformer put out the voltage as advertised can you really put 298 watts of lights on the transformer or is it really only 263 on what they call a 3000 watt transformer. The biggest issue is how is the dealer support, are fixtures on hand or do they need to be ordered if so how long does it take. Will they swap out a bad transformer or must they send it back and repair it or diagnose the cause before they give you a new one? I like F/X they have a big customer service operation locally. They just switched out two bad 600 watt transformers at a home that was a 4 year old install. All I had to do was call them and meet at the job. Be safe stick with UL rated Transformers.