Register free!

Old 02-08-2006, 01:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Pricing question

I have only done installation on two residences with landscape lighting. And I priced them below what i thought to be market rates. I have landscape maintenance with these customers and used their money to experiment with my lighting technique. I read a lot about lighting installation and they look pretty good (post pictures later). I am now getting a lot of requests for lighting and have a very big job lined up 30 + fixtures. How does everyone price these jobs by the fixture or by the job. I have all my costs figured just wanting to get an idea of a (going rate). Using all vista as i have in the past because of no problems with components and great supply house support. any info appreciated. How are these prices (2216 bullets $37.00, 9217 pathways for $45.00) for installers using vista.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Are those prices you quote-distributor to you or you to your customer?
Old 02-08-2006, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Mowtime, I am thinking of installing all Vista also due to the supply house guy being so helpful as well. He is going out of his way and then some.

What is your (or anyone else that cares to comment) impression of Vista MT Series transformers. I am thinking of learning the ropes at my own home first and then going out and doing some for word of mouth and references.

I am going to use Vista 2250's for uplight some trees and columns.

I figure if I can please the lady of my own home then I can please most anyone else.......because she is very critical!

Any comments would be appreciated!
Old 02-10-2006, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Member

vista lighting/ pricing to customers

Yes, that is my price per fixture from the supplier $37.50. I have some lighting projects 2 years old and no bulb replacement yet. I think vista lights are fine and yes you wire them individually with silicone impregnated wire nuts. Does Anyone have a better way? I have had no problems with this wiring system I just widen my trench and tuck the wire nuts neatly inside and cover with dirt or in mulch if up-lighting the house or plants. Like someone said earlier there are so many options, but if you stick with one supplier and brand and you contract a maintenance agreement with the homeowner you will help yourself in the long run by not having to go to so many suppliers for parts and such. As for the transformers I have bought intermatic 300 watt transformers for $65.00 on closeout and used them on vista fixtures with no problems at all. Beats 400-500 dollars for vista transformers and they have at least a 7 year warranty also. On this job I will be using the vista 600 watt mt transformer and a combination of Malibu transformers for a large fountain and the rose garden. This way I don't have to bore under the driveway (Stamped concrete)