Register free!

Old 02-05-2006, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsogr
Your a man of your word. I appreciate that. How did you like the plunge seminar.
Derek
Currently I'm a one man operation. The plunge sold more of the 'opportunity' of using ADI stuff. Both speakers were good thoigh and answered questions thoroughly.

I guess I was hoping for more of a 'how to do it' than a 'Why you should it' seminar. Denver is having a Pond Day and I'm sure I'll be attending that one.

My current goal is to market the 'pondless' system to some of my current accounts. The pondless system seems to be a bit less labor intensive while keeping the margins quite high and comparably priced to the pond product.

Let me know how your Topeka seminar went.

~ Ace
Hand trowel
Desire
Old 02-10-2006, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Use Aquascape Designs. Do some reading/research. Build your own first!

Then make it a service of yours. There is a lot to learn. Its much more then building a retaining wall.

If not- subcontract the work. Good for your name instead of trouble.

Old 02-10-2006, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceSprinkleRx
Currently I'm a one man operation. The plunge sold more of the 'opportunity' of using ADI stuff. Both speakers were good thoigh and answered questions thoroughly.

I guess I was hoping for more of a 'how to do it' than a 'Why you should it' seminar. Denver is having a Pond Day and I'm sure I'll be attending that one.

My current goal is to market the 'pondless' system to some of my current accounts. The pondless system seems to be a bit less labor intensive while keeping the margins quite high and comparably priced to the pond product.

Let me know how your Topeka seminar went.

~ Ace
The plunge seminar went alright. I was hoping for a little less salemen, and a little more technical.
“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victor nor defeat.”

-Theodore Roosevelt
Old 02-11-2006, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Water
Check out Aquascapes and attend one of their Build-A-Pond days.
I second that one! DO some research. Its homework. Its much more involoved than building a retaining wall.
Aquascapes has product that works, a company to train you, a company to back you up.
Do mess with other junk out there.