Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-11-2006, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddboygeorge
the going rate on cemetaries for mow ,trim an blow (headstones have to be blown off an grass free)75-125 acre since the headstones are nicely spaced i would do $350 per cut an every week. dont forget about flowers that fall over around headstones, trash,an all the nick nacks that people leave. an believe me if you go every 2 weeks you will be getting alot of ass chewins. the kin folk of the deceased always ***** about something especially if the grass is high or if the headstone gets grass clippins left on it. believe me i have done cemetaries for years an you have to bid high an do not,, i repeat do not,, be the low baller. hope this helps ya an please dont make a mistake ya have alot of people under ya that are watching!!
Your right about getting chewed out over trimming every 2 weeks only do it if they let you trim once a week. I would do it for around $350 also. I have 2 cemeteries one with hundreds and hundreds of head stones and about 7 acres to mow the other has around 150 stones and about 2 acres. I wish you luck on the bid!
Old 02-12-2006, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would also be around the $300 mark. Probably $1100 for the month every week, or 650 biweekly per month.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

or 650 biweekly per month

let me inform you again,, there is no bi-weekly options with cemetaries that's, point blank. its an every week event , no ifs ,ans ,or buts period . i promise you if you dont do the job every week you will have someone screaming down your neck on a constant basis. i remember the first cemetary i did back in the 80's i tried an every 10 day service an believe me it was a nightmare. if it wasn't the cemetaries board members calling me , it was the kin folk of the deceased.Heres the deal the cemetaries gonna gripe either way if ya cut before schedule , on schedule , or behind schedule.i have cut a cemetary before on schedule an was back to cut again in 5 days due to the weather in early spring. if you dont stay on top of these type accounts you will be done .have a great day george