Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-05-2006, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thumbs up Thanks For Your Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsoils
I have used both types of teas and they both work well . My thoughts on teas are that non-aerated teas work well in delivering nutrients to the plants while the aerate teas are excellent breeding grounds for microbes. I think they both have their place in the lawn care business.
I would also agree that tea brewing companies are taking advantage of the new wave in the "organic" industry. They are here to make money, why else would they try to sell you a little bag of their "special blend" for $30 for their tea brewer. Teas have been used for 100's of years without aeration with great success. Now tea brewing companies tell us that you need to have specific air pressure going into the brewer to take the microbes off the side of the brewer, and if you use any old air pump you will kill the microbes and even brew "bad ones" that could kill your plant! That is why you should buy ours because we have put millions of $ into researching acceptable air pressure and other trade secrets.
I think cleanliness is key to a good brew. I have seen many brewers that probably have never been cleaned since the day they have been out of the box, that is where you get your "bad ones," not from air pressure.
As for the soil food web. I think they are the pioneers in teas and they have done a lot of research in the tea industry. You can't just refute their work because you don't like them. I don't necessarily agree with everything they say, but you have to give them some recognition.

Mike
Hello Mike, thanks for takeing the time to post in this forum........its Great to see that you covered all the topics / problems i seem to have gotten myself into with Matt.........Thanks Again, regards Saxon
Old 03-05-2006, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Just trying to get some miss conceptions cleared up.
I was talking to a friend who works in the tea industry and there are some new and exciting things coming out in the near future. I can't wait!!