Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-07-2006, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

MOney Maker idea

here is an idea for some of you leaf clean up experts up north.

Nobody in Fl seems to want to do leaf clean ups, including me. I get alot of calls for leaf clean up and I reply "we dont offer that service".

There are neighborhoods upon neighborhoods with huge oak trees and there are leaves everywhere. Most lco's just blow them back in the yard. Some blow them off the grass and pick them up properly but they are the exception.

I dont know what you guys charge up there but I have made $100 for just filling up my truck bed before. I filled up half my 16 foot trailer with 2 ft sides for $250. I know thats not alot of leaves compared to what yall deal with up there.

The business is here and nobody wants to do it.

Just an idea........................
Old 03-08-2006, 03:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

What are your biggest months for doing this, and is it something you do through the winter? I thought everything jst slowed down during the winter for you guys, and you just did tree trimming and limited visits.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Line me up a years worth and i'll move on down lol Tell em i'll clean gutters too!

All_Clear
152 Units
Brownsburg, IN

Old 03-08-2006, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Leaves

Damn lawnguy I would love to have the business that you are talking about. I am in Holly Hill Fl and all you have to do is let me know and I'll take care of all of your leaf clean up calls, that is as long as they're in decent distance from Daytona. Bigelo72@yahoo.com
Old 03-08-2006, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Why would you want a competing LCO doing work on a property that you maintain? As the saying goes, "when the camel sticks its head in the tent, the rest of the camel is not far behind."

If there is work to do (doing leaf cleanup), why aren't the contractors doing the work. As somebody much further north, I must be missing something in the explanation.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
Why would you want a competing LCO doing work on a property that you maintain? As the saying goes, "when the camel sticks its head in the tent, the rest of the camel is not far behind."

If there is work to do (doing leaf cleanup), why aren't the contractors doing the work. As somebody much further north, I must be missing something in the explanation.
I am saying that if someone from say NC, who had the equipment wanted to spend a week or 2 in this area, Tampa, FL. He could make a killing.

Reason I say this: Hardly anyone does leaf clean ups here.

Personally, I avoid yards with big oaks on them for regular lawn service just so that I can avoid the leaf problem.

I know most of you guys up north include spring/fall clean up in your lawn contracts. Not so down here. People avoid leaves like the plague..........

Leaves tend to be localized in certain neighborhoods, so it is easy to avoid, and there is so much work it is not a big deal to pass on them anyway...
Old 03-09-2006, 06:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherlawnguy
I am saying that if someone from say NC, who had the equipment wanted to spend a week or 2 in this area, Tampa, FL. He could make a killing.
Why don't you learn how to do leaf clean ups and then YOU could make a killing on them there lawns ?
Old 03-09-2006, 06:15 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:

Nobody in Fl seems to want to do leaf clean ups, including me. I get alot of calls for leaf clean up and I reply "we dont offer that service".

There are neighborhoods upon neighborhoods with huge oak trees and there are leaves everywhere. Most lco's just blow them back in the yard. Some blow them off the grass and pick them up properly but they are the exception.

I dont know what you guys charge up there but I have made $100 for just filling up my truck bed before. I filled up half my 16 foot trailer with 2 ft sides for $250. I know thats not alot of leaves compared to what yall deal with up there.

OK I'll get the accounts and you can sub them from me,ok

On our own as of 2003. Proud to be a full time, legitimate company.

Equipment we use:
Ford trucks
Pro Line and GatorMade trailer's
Gravely, Exmark, Honda and Snapper mower's
Echo trimmer's and blower's
LittleWonder equipment
BillyGoat equipment
New Holland and Dresser loader's (snow removal)
Fisher snow plow's
DownEaster and Fisher salt spreader's
TurboTurf fertilizer tank

http://jandblawncare.net
Old 03-09-2006, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
Why don't you learn how to do leaf clean ups and then YOU could make a killing on them there lawns ?
i am busy enough as it is.

Personally i could care less about them, just like every other LCO in the area. LIke I said, if there is a yard with a ton of oaks on them, I just avoid it...
Old 03-09-2006, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:

You are missing out on some good money....If no one wants to do the work then you don't have competion....I would jump on it.....