Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-11-2006, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshovel
I don't know what to tell ya DWF.....besides assuming sometimes can make an azz out of you and me..you have no real proof..one secret shopper..you dident notice any on the doors..how bout knocking on a few other doors in that area just for the heck of it and ask them if the got a hanger on their door?
No, I do agree with DWF in the respect that nothing got done. I've done enough flyers back in the days to where I know, if I drive down a street even a day after I lettered it, I should see at least ONE flyer... Most of the time you can still see them everywhere. Not much genius involved in that part, you can do further checking but I can fairly guarantee this is a case of where if it smells, walks, looks, and quacks like a duck... It's...yeah...
Old 03-12-2006, 12:37 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites
No, I do agree with DWF in the respect that nothing got done. I've done enough flyers back in the days to where I know, if I drive down a street even a day after I lettered it, I should see at least ONE flyer... Most of the time you can still see them everywhere. Not much genius involved in that part, you can do further checking but I can fairly guarantee this is a case of where if it smells, walks, looks, and quacks like a duck... It's...yeah...
fried chicken?

dfw? why are you still hiring americans and why didnt you have them sign an imdemnity agreement?

SFLQPRU President

L.G.U.!
*iowaflag*
:sfl flag:
Old 03-12-2006, 01:37 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites
Because...
Nobody in their right mind wants to do door hangers. Door hangers are one of the lowest jobs on the face of this earth, possibly right next to suiting up as a monkey and prancing and dancing on a busy Interstate with a sign (yeah it sounds cool and funny and catchy until it's you standing out there).

If you did that to me, I'd walk out on you... But maybe, just maybe I would take a chance and see if I could get paid for doing nothing, just because I already know my choices: Walk out, or take a chance and get fired (or maybe not, maybe I don't get caught - either way I'm out of a job, so why not take the chance).

The math is simple.
Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head. I once had a good friend, an experienced window cleaner quit because having to deliver flyers was considered beneath him and I couldn't blame him. Now I just hire from day labour places because they come to work and actually consider delivering flyers to be so much easier than what they usually do.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Kruger
Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head. I once had a good friend, an experienced window cleaner quit because having to deliver flyers was considered beneath him and I couldn't blame him. Now I just hire from day labour places because they come to work and actually consider delivering flyers to be so much easier than what they usually do.
sounds like a true statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites View Post

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Full time college student> Landscape Design and Construction @ Kent State Salem

Help save planet Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate!
Old 03-12-2006, 10:24 AM
LawnSite Member

Sucks you had to let the guy go but I agree... being honest is the easiest thing you can do in life. If he can't even do that, how would he ever manage to assist your company. However, if you get a call from someone on the route he "delivered" hopefully you wont feel like too much of an ass Good call none the less.