Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-19-2006, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i feel ur pain worm. We r lookinf at the same firecast. I went out to give an estimate on some shrubs on fri and my hands went numb righting down all of the info on the estimate. I know im meeting with a commercial account on the 28th but with ohio weather there will prob be a snow storm that day. just curious, where r u at in ohio?
Old 03-19-2006, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm close to Delaware.I went ahead and past out a few over the weekend and also had a bid to put in on an apartment complex.Hope I get that one it would be a great start to the season.I have mostly been doing res. till now if the apartment one comes thru I'll have to buy another mower and hire some help it's a pretty large place and if I did it myself it would take at least a whole day to complete.Also gave them a bid on their mulch it was around 60 yards.I have 2 more apartments to do next week.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I am in Idaho and we are in the middle of a freaking blizzard right now. It is insane and hoping for more warmer weather.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yep this is rather depressing! Iv'e been out mowing, doing clean-ups, and have almost all of my first round of fert spread. Been working solid the last 3 weeks... Now it looks like I better be for digging out the snow blade and blower again tomorrow morning. If we get the 6 to 10" they are predicting Nobody here will be back on the lawns for a week or better.

I'm not going to complain too loudly though. We NEED the moisture BAD!!! So far we have had about 3/4 of an inch of nice slow rain and that's not nearly enough. Even 6 inches of wet snow would be great for everything! I don't recall what the average precip. conversion is for inches of snow to inches of rain... I think it's something like 6 inches of snow will equal about an inch of rain...
Old 03-19-2006, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Member

just finished snowing here, we got more than 15 inches in a 36 hour span, most roads are not plowed, and people are stuck everywhere!!!
Old 03-19-2006, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Cleanups were suppose to start this week. Looks like we might be getting something but I have not seen any numbers as of yet.

JP
Old 03-19-2006, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Member

I passed out 600 fliers last weekend and I have a newspaper ad running too. Only one call so far. Im going to wait another week or so to pass out the rest. No one is thinking about mowing when its 20 degrees out side.