Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-23-2006, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Member

Green Guardian products provide pre and post emergent control and I have success on crab grass

If you want to start over on a lawn use GG's EMG to kill everything, build up the soil, apply GG's 18-0-5 or 5-0-3, seed, and continue with GG's standard program after three weeks. You might want to add some phosphros as its a new seeding.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lightbulb "Both"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurfProSTL
I'm in the turf management business, not playing a game of Organic vs Not. I'll continue to utilize the best of both worlds to provide the best lawns possible. At a profit.

Is this an organic lawn care forum or an anti-chemical forum?
Since "We" are the Organic Forum, it would make no-sence for Us to have anything to do with Chemical ferts or chemical pesticides.......arent there already enough forums on lawnsite for you guys to continue to downgrade the enviroment?......its not like "We're Gay Bashing"..........how about tryin to stay on topic [ keepin the "Profit" to yourself]...............................................................................................Regar ding the original question, I'd soil test,apply something like sythe to top burn the weeds, slit seed vertically and horizontally, apply a heat treated / sanitized compost, apply a balanced N-P-K and then redo the process in the fall useing DTTF.......hopefully w/both mixs endophyte enhanced. [ then continue to follow the soil report] .......PS no offence but some of "US" are here to make Great Lawns and a profit "Organically"
Old 03-23-2006, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Pfffft

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocutting
Since "We" are the Organic Forum, it would make no-sence for Us to have anything to do with Chemical ferts or chemical pesticides.......arent there already enough forums on lawnsite for you guys to continue to downgrade the enviroment?......its not like "We're Gay Bashing"..........how about tryin to stay on topic [ keepin the "Profit" to yourself]...............................................................................................Regar ding the original question, I'd soil test,apply something like sythe to top burn the weeds, slit seed vertically and horizontally, apply a heat treated / sanitized compost, apply a balanced N-P-K and then redo the process in the fall useing DTTF.......hopefully w/both mixs endophyte enhanced. [ then continue to follow the soil report] .......PS no offence but some of "US" are here to make Great Lawns and a profit "Organically"
Seems kind of contradictory to me.

Scythe is 57% pelargonic acid, a pesticide regulated by the EPA. That's right, a chemical. Why not just dump about 10 tons of CGM on the lawn? That would kill it.

If you're going to preach your anti-chemical views, at least try to be consistent.....