Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-27-2006, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Another Business Idea!

Years ago, we had a dog that absolutely would not stay in the yard. She would tear the wooden fence down and she'd be in the street every evening when I got home. Even a electric fence didn't work.

We finally tried one of those underground electric fences with the shock collar (Radio Fence). It worked wonderfully!

Anyway, installing the fence wasn't hard. It required digging a shallow trench, about 1 inch deep, with an edger. Run a wire in the trench and cover it up. Hook up a couple of wires and plug it into a wall outlet. The hardest part is drilling a hole through the wall into the house and sealing it.

I was thinking that most folks here have edgers, so this might be another service you could offer. Since the system is low voltage, and the 120 VAC supply is just just plugs into a wall outlet, I wouldn't think you'd need any kind of electrical license.

It took my wife and me about 6 hours to install our system on a 1.2 acre lot.

I just thought this might be something to offer during the winter months. What do you think?
Old 03-27-2006, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i think it sounds good..i wouldnt do it b.c i have no clue when it comes to elect. i would mess soemthing up lol....but id go for it if i were u....where would u get it at a good price where u cld make money off it and where it would be cheap enough that it compares wiht the home onwer doing it
echo trimmers
red max back pack blower
sthil chain saws

My Page:
[url]http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=258151[/]

...love what you do, do what you love, life is good...
Old 03-27-2006, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

theres a bunch of companyies already offering it. There doing so cheap it not worth the time to even bid a job
Old 03-27-2006, 02:14 AM
Senior Moderator

I think it sounds like a decent idea. First thing to do would be to open up the phone book to see how many in your area are listed who provide that service. That would be the key factor in determining if it would be something to give a shot. Then if your market wasnt already flooded, you could market to all the new home owners in the new home development plans.