Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-30-2006, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Member

...Should I or should I not???

Hello:

As many of you know who have read my past posts, I am going to be going to college next year as a full time student. I have been worried as to what i should do with my business...sell it, work it solo, keep an employee or two, or merge? I found a guy today who seems quite interested in doing something. He's in my area, does nice work, and has a landscape construction side that I've always wanted. Right now, my biggest assit to a merger would be my equipment. I have a good number of accounts, but since it's still spring some of the commercial jobs havn't been decided yet and residentials come and go anyways. I've always done things myself and I worry if doing this will be a good move or not. My main concern is overworking myself in college and this would help ease that issue. What would you guys do? How would I go amount determining the value of my business? Thanks
Old 03-30-2006, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Member

sell, go to college, and see how much college changes you. You never know where you'll be.

I started the year before college, and i'm almost out now. while i wouldn't say i regret my decision to be in business, there are things i know i am missing out on. a huge social life, graduate school, etc.

make your choice accordingly.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Member

I would sell but I need a way to pay for college...so I can't really get stop working. I make alot more cutting lawns than I would working part, even full time at wal-mart or somewhere like that.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Member

so many responses...