Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-04-2006, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I hate how the season starts and ends with the most unmotivating work, clean-ups. I hate thinking about getting out and doing it. But I know once the grass starts growing and the balance of my bank account does, too, I'll be motivated everyday to get out in the fresh air (minus the gas fumes) and sunshine and do what I love to do.

I agree with 1MajorTom's post. If you have goals to work towards it makes it fun and enjoyable to go to work everyday.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

To get myself seriously motivated, first I bought the medalist Sony atrac mp3 Cd-player with the Koss earbuds. This joker plays loud, strong music for hours on end for as long and hard as you can work. The earbuds sell separately, plan on spending around 100 dollars for this stuff.

Then I find an mp3 search engine and search for any of the following:
Radio edit, radio mix, remix, disco mix, dance mix, dance remix, club mix, club remix.

This gives me results of songs used in discotheques both here and in Europe, and you know what that means: PUMP'in Music !!!

Read the titles, it can be hard to tell what is good and what isn't, if in doubt, download.
Some links won't work, move on to the next.
And yes once downloaded you have to listen to most every song, if not to completion then at least several parts of it.
Keep only the ones you like, the ones that pump you up.

Takes time (days, maybe weeks), but I collect 100-120 of these and build a collection, then burn them all to a Gold cd (maxell or thereabouts, spend the moolah).
Test it and re-test it, sometimes the burn fails, but once it's good to go, that's enough music to last all year.
Took me a few years to get good at it, until I got to where at least 90 percent of the CD is hardcore good stuff.
But even the first trials rocked better than silence.

Once I get to a place, I slip in the Koss buds and the Cd-player goes around my waist (oh yeah, get one of those cd-holder belts) and over top of the earbuds I wear the Stihl earmuffs. It's like having a baddie stereo in the customer's yard, you can't even hear the machine anymore but you disturb nobody.

As fat boy slim would say:
If this don't make your booty move, your booty must be dead.

Last edited by topsites; 04-04-2006 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope, I love my job and have loved every job I have had. I get every morning excited to go to work and make a living for me and my wife. My job, no matter what it is is very important and personal to me and I take an awful lot of pride in everything I do. Now I am out on my own and work for myself, actually I work for the customer, and love every minute of it. My business is set strictly on cusomer service, and I guess I am fortunate to have the customers who don't mind paying for customer service. My entire working history has been customer service and I believe it is the basis for a good businesss. The last name of my business is Services and for a reason.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I hope this doesn't bring anybody down but maybe puts it into perspective. I have a brother that was murdered 15 yrs ago. I have another brother over in Iraq with a wife and two kids he hasn't seen in 5 months. I have a new business with 2 cust and about 35k worth of truck and equip. I have the best girl in the world and I couldn't be happier. Life can suck. There is a lot of crap out there. find something little that makes you smile and always keep that in the back of your mind.