Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2006, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Everyone that is posting is still missing the point. Only a very small few have stated that they make ONE pass over the yard. Most, if not all, are making several passes. I'm not sure what bagger you guys are using, but one pass and I'm done.
Pull up to the property, blow out beds, etc.. get leaves/sticks/whatever in the yard and then mow. ONE pass and be done. I don't understand taking the time to mulch when I GUARANTEE more than one pass in anytype of "tougher" conditions.
In the end it is just opinions, but I have tried all options, raking, mulching, and bagging. The bagging left the yard cleaner and in half the time. The bagger costs twice, if not more, as a mulch kit, but pays for itself in a week of use. Keep your air filters clean and bag. My bag holds 10 bushel, which as long as the yard is maintained will do most yards in one bag. If I get full I pull up to my dump and empty my bags. Takes 45 seconds.
My .02 cents.
1986 3/4 Ton Ford w/Dump, Scag Wildcat 61" 27hp/w bagger, Scag Tiger Cub 48" 19hpw/striping kit, John Deere 48" 17Hp WB, 2 Stihl Fs-85 trimmers, 1 Stihl Fs-110 trimmer, Stihl 45 hedge trimmer, 2 Stihl magnum backpack blowers, Stihl Pole saw, 3 trailers