Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-03-2006, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wonder about Walkers. The John Deere dealership is part of the Lenon Implement which has several dealerships. They are the only Walker dealer close by. They haven't got one new Walker on their lot and haven't for well over a year. You want one, you gotta order it. And parts seem to be more difficult to get. Story I got last summer was they were switching parts distributors and there was additional lag time. Dealership couldn't even give me an estimated date of delivery.

Don't get me wrong, my Walker is nice but it has it's pitfalls as well. Service and maintenance are a nightmare.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Wakesetter give me a call . FYI the distributer is as bad or worst than W&S.

He was/is part of the problem. Parts are like getting a tooth pulled sometimes. I now get most all replacement part via the web, faster and less costly then through our local dealer. NO support at all, look at their web site, its does not even show a hint that they are a Walker dealer. What salesmans am i dealing with? Does it matter? They do not treat these good people with respect and it show it their lack of sales follow through. Look at the turn over in there. I'm not surprised to here that you had trouble with your snowmobile thru workensport. I did not want to post this on my first reply, but i've been trying to support this dealer for six plus years, but all i know of first hand and from most everybody else is = they don't care. The owners are used car sales owners! Really ! Steve (Sweenys) sold about four years ago.. i dont know one LCO that is happy with them. It's worth the ride to the valley or add in shipping, it in would still be cheaper then the price workensport gave you. I Know! they have over 1500 in your price. One last thing. Good luck getting your salesperson today. Monday. Why would a store want to be open on a Monday? Hope u did not need your mower today. Well got to go to work in Bend, It's Monday.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Above All,

I know walker mowers are good products, Maybe it is time we get some of the LCO in this area together and send a letter to Bob Walker himself. Possibly even see if one of the other dealers in town would look into selling them. I used to work for a larger Co in the Roseburg area and we had 4 walkers at that time and I know he has more then that now. We never had a problem with the dealer fast service and no hassles. I just don't want to have to haul my mower to the valley every time i need something fixed.

Dustin Griffin
Exclusive Landscape Maintenance
2007 Load Trail Dump Trailer
2007 Load Trail 18' 14000' Equipment Trailer
Big Tex 16' Trailer
---Removable 3' sides Trailer
2006 Walker GHS26EFI
Honda HRC216 Mower
2 Echo 210 String Trimmer
Echo HC 2000 Hedge Trimmer
2 Echo PB610 Blower
310 Stihl Chainsaw
170 Stihl Chainsaw
Solo Backpack Sprayers
Boss 7'6" V-Plow
Erskine 8' Snow Pusher
Old 04-08-2006, 01:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought my Walker from these guys a couple years back and got a good deal. However, I was in no hurry and did a lot of research on what other dealers in the valley would offer. It took a while but finally the salesman that I worked with called back one day with an offer that beat the others. By the way, I don’t think that the salesman is working there anymore.

Bottom line, Workensports is really oriented towards recreation, motorcycles, ATVs, and snowmobiles; that’s where they make the bucks. Though I got my Walker from them, I wouldn’t ever trust them for anything more.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Yep,, Talk to any LCO in Central Oregon Workensport= NO Care about use.

They the owners, had a meeting last year admitting that they had poor service and were trying to win us back. Promised two day turnover etc. 10% on parts etc. I never saw one discount on any of my parts last yeaats.
Great meeting a Echo rep who said most 2 cycle stuff sucked, but buy their oil. But all was forgiven when they offered up Dinner= Six Pizzas from the guys in light blue and red with Pepsi. Real Class for used car sales people.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Member

I talked with Mid Valley tractor in Eugene today and they seem to know what they are talking about. He is working on a price for me but needed until Monday to find out about a couple of things. Hopefully it will be worth the drive down there.
2007 Load Trail Dump Trailer
2007 Load Trail 18' 14000' Equipment Trailer
Big Tex 16' Trailer
---Removable 3' sides Trailer
2006 Walker GHS26EFI
Honda HRC216 Mower
2 Echo 210 String Trimmer
Echo HC 2000 Hedge Trimmer
2 Echo PB610 Blower
310 Stihl Chainsaw
170 Stihl Chainsaw
Solo Backpack Sprayers
Boss 7'6" V-Plow
Erskine 8' Snow Pusher
Old 04-09-2006, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakesetter2001
First question is does $9400.00 sound like a good price for a band new MTGHS 20, with a 9.5 catcher, and a 42" deck? Also does anybody know if the brand new model Ts have the new bigger blower and the larger holes in the the screen inside the grass catcher.
We are stepping up from a Walker MT this year due to the inability to deal with wet/heavy grass. Besides, that third wheel stripe looks like, well, you know.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:56 AM
LawnSite Member

Walker mower is good

You know, Walker mowers have become the 4 wheelers of the industry. You can blade, snow blow, mow, lot sweep, and leaf blow with them. Add on the tine rakes and thatch as well as hook up to the fert spreader and weed control tank for weeds. These little machines are agile, mobile, but can be hostile to the user. Now you can even get a chipper for it now. I never have a problem with wet heavy grass unless its 7 inches deep and raining and only if the side deck vents get plugged do i have trouble. Now, if you get the speed up kit for it and get a pulley size smaller you to can cut grass faster. Not as fast as a Dixie by any means but fast enough. Then again up here our grass is really thick and the Dixies dont perform as well. Now I am not knocking Dixies so dont start the bashing...... I am merely stating that some pieces of equipment perform better in some conditions than others. Its like thatching some places in the country you dont have to do it because the grass is finer. But,, up here its a necessity. I did 3 yards today and filled a 24 foot gooseneck trailer 5 feet high of thatch. thats after stomping it down 3 times. We have 7 walkers ranging from the old 20 hp, to 26EFI, plus a 25 hp water cooled. If i was going to stay away from one it would be the water cooled one because when you are on steep sidehils your radiator plus the weight of the grass drags you down plus, we find water in the oil on occasion.