Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-24-2006, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Country Clipper application

Hey Peter, I have a Country Clipper Zeton 60" machine. I ordered a unit from a local dealer, and I looked at it today. it doesn't look like the opening in the catcher is large enough to fit the opening on the deck. The deck opening is almost 20" wide, and the catcher is nowhere near that. I ordered a GCEXXL. That's what the app chart said I needed for a 60" commercial deck. But, I don't think that's the right one... Due to a glitch at the dealer, I couldn't bring it home, and I didn't have the machine with me. Also, there was no bracket shipped with the unit. I am guessing it was shipped for an Exmark, as it looks like it will slide right on an Exmark deck, with no bracket. Anyways, my question is did I get the right model? OR do I need a GCCCXL? Thanks
F-250 PSD crew, 20' Open mower trailer, 25' Deckover equipment trailer, 16' 14K Dump trailer, Bobcat T-190, Bobcat 320X, Vermeer Stumper, Country Clipper 60" Zeton (sold), Toro Z593-D 60" Diesel, Deere 36" WB, Honda Harmony 21" bagging, No name 21", Trac Vacs, Accelerator Baggers, Stihl trimmers/edger, Chainsaws and hand blower, Echo backpack
Old 04-25-2006, 02:08 AM
Sponsor

The catcher should work fine for this mower, but you do need a bracket. Also, If the opening needs to be bigger you can remove the first baffle (there are 2 at the back of the GCEXXL) to extend the opening by an extra 4 inches. As long as the catcher covers the opening, it should work fine. You can even cut into the rear baffle a bit without hurting the catcher, but I don't think you will need to do this to get good catching performance.

Call our office tomorrow and we will ship you out a free bracket. If you have any problem with the catcher, please let me know and we will be sure you get taken care of.

It does not void the one year warranty to do these small alterations for a good fit, the catcher is designed for it.

Peter Andonian, Lawnsite Sponsor
Accelerator Industries
http://www.AcceleratorIndustries.com
800-984-9410
Old 04-25-2006, 05:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Very good. I will call in a few hours and get things rolling. Thank you very much!!
F-250 PSD crew, 20' Open mower trailer, 25' Deckover equipment trailer, 16' 14K Dump trailer, Bobcat T-190, Bobcat 320X, Vermeer Stumper, Country Clipper 60" Zeton (sold), Toro Z593-D 60" Diesel, Deere 36" WB, Honda Harmony 21" bagging, No name 21", Trac Vacs, Accelerator Baggers, Stihl trimmers/edger, Chainsaws and hand blower, Echo backpack
Old 05-01-2006, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Well, Peter called me directly, and fixed me up with a bracket. I got it today, and fastened it to the mower. And, conveniently, there were two holes, with threaded inserts already present on the deck. Pete, you should look into this. Makes mounting it a snap!!! I love the catcher. Works flawlessly. I did have to remove the first baffle, but, other than that, it is a great unit!!