Click for Weather

Old 04-09-2006, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

haha... man boots... I almost detected a hint of sarcasm there
Old 04-11-2006, 07:17 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots
Does that mean we will get a PVB that combines crummy O-ring poppet seals with easy-to-break plastic bonnets? I can hardly wait.
Well, you didn't expect the BEST of both worlds now did you? If it costs them less and they can make us pay the price..................Yeah, be ready for the WORST of all worlds from the manufacturing end.
....but still a bargain compared to anything else.
And I NEVER say I told you so out loud.
How many Hats can you wear?
Old 05-10-2006, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Our Kaf-flex hose has gone way up in the last year. But why I am really digging this one up, did Rainbird just have a price increase, or did I get bumped a level or two on pricing? Noticed when I bought nozzles the other day they had jumped up about 10%.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
Our Kaf-flex hose has gone way up in the last year. But why I am really digging this one up, did Rainbird just have a price increase, or did I get bumped a level or two on pricing? Noticed when I bought nozzles the other day they had jumped up about 10%.
You got it...May 1st 5% to 10% increase. That two increases sin 1-1-06 and rumor is thats not the last. I think they have to make up for the 5004 prices. They lowered them last year and that is the only thing that has stayed the same.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground Master
Poly pipe has gone thru the roof. Paid .18 foot a month ago, now 2 different distributors sell it for .23 to .25 a foot!

So, I stop in home depot and there 100' roll is 12.07........I was tempted, but probably lower quality

Rainbird valve boxes were 16 or 17 last year, now 30.97

How does your butt feel? .18 is still more then here now. We are getting it here way cheaper! But I do know a guy that bought some from Menards and it split. You cut out the split and put in a coupler and it would split when you put in the coupler. What kind and brand are you using? 80psi utility HDPE (.14/ft) 100psi utility HDPE(.165/ft) And 80psi HDPE life time (geeen stripe) 80psi (.165/ft)

As for boxes (12L x 17W x 8H) we use orbit for residential and pay about 12 bucks for them.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdb
You got it...May 1st 5% to 10% increase. That two increases sin 1-1-06 and rumor is thats not the last. I think they have to make up for the 5004 prices. They lowered them last year and that is the only thing that has stayed the same.
Hmmm, good point. My supply house did tell me the 5004's were under 7 bucks the last time I asked.