Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-29-2000, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

cant seem to find the high lift blades for my 60&quot; turf tracer. I partricularly like the cut achived by the scagg 52&quot; with a high lift blade and see a considerable differnce between high lift and regular blades. I want to know if they make high lift blades for the 60&quot; exmark. This year i want to leave an impression with my customers. I think the high lift cut of scagg is better than an exmark cut because it leaves the grass looking like a cru cut compared to a hair cut. I cant seem to find them for the 60&quot; exmarks are they out there?<br>
Old 03-30-2000, 05:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Landscaper Connection has scads of different blades including hi-lift for the 60&quot; Exmarks. &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.landscapers.com&quot;&gt;www.landscapers.com&lt;/a&gt;
Old 03-30-2000, 06:55 AM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

bdemir, If your 60&quot; mower uses a 20 1/2&quot; blade with a 5/8&quot; hole, you could use a DC blade or any other company with the same size if you want to pick up something locally. As long as the blade is the same size in all dementions. I notice some Exmarks have a 1/2&quot; hole, so I'm not sure which size you have. Just another option for you.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
Old 03-30-2000, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks eric for the help i did not know that interchanging was possible its my first year on my own. <p>Thanks Mr. Martin for the website. I will probably have to buy high lift blades from them in the future.
Old 04-06-2000, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Exmarks used a 1/2&quot; hole up to 1996. 1997's and newer have the 5/8&quot; hole.<p>There are high-lift blades available from a number of suppliers. The 1997 and newer had a higher lift from the factory than the older ones.<p>As far as Dixie Chopper blades, you don't want your lawn looking like Eric's, do you? You'd get WAY too many new customers calling and it'd be a pain having to bid them all!
Old 04-06-2000, 07:57 PM

I just had a store get a shipment of 12 high lifts for me. Local hardware store though ordered them. Don't know the company they ordered them from. 10.99 per blade. To show you how much prices are going up. That store went up 2.00 on the price of bumper replacements for echo trimmers since the end of last year.