Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-25-2006, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Adjustable trajectory-angle rotor heads

The recent mention of Safe-T-Lawn rotors has me wondering if anyone is using, or has tried, any of the adjustable-trajectory rotors made by Toro, or by any other manufacturer, if any such exist. I have a few of the older Toro V-1550 heads tucked away somewhere, untried. I'd rather work with more standard equipment, but wouldn't mind seeing heads with that sort of adjustability, if it could solve a problem that a separate low-angle nozzle couldn't deal with.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:35 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots
The recent mention of Safe-T-Lawn rotors has me wondering if anyone is using, or has tried, any of the adjustable-trajectory rotors made by Toro, or by any other manufacturer, if any such exist. I have a few of the older Toro V-1550 heads tucked away somewhere, untried. I'd rather work with more standard equipment, but wouldn't mind seeing heads with that sort of adjustability, if it could solve a problem that a separate low-angle nozzle couldn't deal with.
Save those 1550's for your irrigation mosoleum boots. I had the misfortune to work on a couple of systems installed with "free" ones trying to get the guy to switch over. What a nightmare. They wiper seal (which they supposedly fixed) were terrible. Infinitely adjustable, but just as infinitely easy to screw up. If your not perfectly dialed in for the nozzle you want, you get a crappy pattern. The trajectory adjustment did work well though. Doesn't the "easy adjust" have a trajectory adjustment? I used a few of these (free case) several years ago. 3+ years in the ground as replacement rotors and I haven't replaced any of them yet. (phone will ring today though now that I said that). I didn't find them cost effective for the added features.
....but still a bargain compared to anything else.
And I NEVER say I told you so out loud.
How many Hats can you wear?
Old 05-26-2006, 07:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

1550 = Pos
Old 05-30-2006, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I think the EZ-Adjust was replaced by something called the TR-50. Never saw either of them in operation.