Register free!

Old 06-02-2006, 03:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Typical Estimate/Income for Residential Installs

How much do you all make on a typical smaller residential install? Not one of the big homes, but something in like a normal neighborhood? I know it will vary, but I'm just curious. Thanks
Old 06-02-2006, 03:17 AM
LawnSite Member

there is no 'normal' neighborhood.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Typical subdivision backyards here are 2000 sqft or less. Sprinklers, drains, grading, sod and planter beds with drip stubs start at about 10-12k range. Add hardscapes, plantings or water features and it goes up from there. As far as profit margins, that's gotta stay private.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Thank you Mr. Vern. I would like to talk with you in detail about some other issues of mine for we have talked alittle in the past. Is there a good way for me to contact you. You can Private message me if you'd like. I got college coming up in the fall and have alot on my mind. Thanks again. Anyone else?
Old 06-03-2006, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Member

What about for a lawn that is 7500 sq. ft. I'm trying to do a bid for it and am thinking that the price for plantings (delivered/installed calculated w/price) & material (delivered) seems high (about $22K) They want it zeroscaped that will require alot of rock/mulch/etc, while at the same time they want privacy and love pine trees so they requested alot of those types of plants. I figure give it to them as I planed it and if they want less plants they can tell me which ones to take off. There's still some labor fees needed tho for laying maeterial, the drip system, and also what about profit markup? I need help fast! they need the bid by tomorrow so they can decide and hand in for approval on monday! thanks
Old 06-04-2006, 03:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Anyone? Please, any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-04-2006, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil35
What about for a lawn that is 7500 sq. ft. I'm trying to do a bid for it and am thinking that the price for plantings (delivered/installed calculated w/price) & material (delivered) seems high (about $22K) They want it zeroscaped that will require alot of rock/mulch/etc, while at the same time they want privacy and love pine trees so they requested alot of those types of plants. I figure give it to them as I planed it and if they want less plants they can tell me which ones to take off. There's still some labor fees needed tho for laying maeterial, the drip system, and also what about profit markup? I need help fast! they need the bid by tomorrow so they can decide and hand in for approval on monday! thanks
This one may be best to pass on. If you don't know how to quote the job, maybe its too big for you to handle.

Isn't it xeriscape anyway? I know what you are talking about, I haven't had a ton of experience with it either.

I have yet to do anything over $12,000 in total price. Now you may thing I am stupid because I don't take chances, now willing to go after the big fishes, but I don't feel comfortable doing jobs that big. I have gotten offers and declined them. If I don't feel comfortable enough to bid the job....do you really think I am going to be able to perform the tasks in a manner that the customer and I can both be proud of?
“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victor nor defeat.”

-Theodore Roosevelt
Old 06-04-2006, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Well I think I can handle it easily...shouldn't be hard for I've done landscapes before for someone else. I've just never bid on them before. thanks tho