Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-04-2006, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Krik-it snafu?

I was having trouble finding a couple of operating valves. Bought a Krik-it and tried it on my own system. Worked perfectly. Am I happy about this or what?

Hooked it up to a customers zones, and nothing. Yep, it is the system from hell with 29 zones and 5 controllers. I have two zones on one controller. They will not run without the common hooked up. The Krik-it shows that it is pulsing but the zone valves are not responding. I initially was trying to find one valve and it would not "answer". I then went to the zone where I knew the location of the valve. No audible whatsoever. Both zones operate as they should from the controller.

Any ideas from the irrigation gurus?

John
Old 06-04-2006, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm having trouble understanding what your saying, but I think your saying that when you have zones wired independantly they will work, but when you double wire them, they don't work.

Have you checked the voltage you are getting at the valves? It could be that the run is long enough to provide enough resistance to keep two valves from running off of it.

If you have a spare wire, double wire them at the timer,instead of in the valve box and see what happens.

First thing I would do though is put a voltmeter on the line when its under load.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

did you buy a KrikIt from my friend in AZ? Call him and ask him....BUT....I don't think the diode in the KrikIt is strong enough to do 2 valves....

Also, if the light is pulsating on the KrikIt....that means the solenoid should be operating....did you drain the water from the mainline? If it has water in the mainline, you won't hear it as well.

As for going to the valve that you KNOW where it is....are you sure ?

Long wire runs will hamper the KrikIt as well as any nicks in the wire draining the voltage......like Jon said.....