Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-11-2006, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

New feature to my web site.

I added something new to the web site let me know what you think about it.
( hint: make sure your volume is on )

www.grandviewlandscaping.com
Old 05-12-2006, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Not bad.....the lady is talking very fast in the beginning - hard to understand her - it's a good start.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:45 PM
LawnSite Member

I listened to your website and forgot to read it. I clicked to other pages and she kept talking. It felt like a TV commercial instead of a website. Your front text Box (big white box) appears to overlay your banner text in the background. I suggest, turning off the auto play voice, which could be a pain for dial up viewers. Remove or reposition your FrontPage text, so there is no overlay. When it comes to websites simple is often better. Try putting your phone # on the front page in plain text, so my grandmother that owns 6 apt complexes and is scared of computers can call you. LOL Enjoy.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I like it quite a bit. Do you have bandwidth limits for your site?

Old 06-04-2006, 01:55 AM
LawnSite Member

I honestly couldn't stand the listening to the voice, the voice wasn't bad but just the fact that it was there turned me off to your site instantly. I thought it would end after maybe ten seconds at the most but it kept going. Like Dadslawncareinc said it felt like a commercial and reminded me of those popup ads that have someone talking saying something like "hello and congratulations to you on..." I didn't read any of the content because instantly I left the page. I noticed the images on top were somewhat random (the truck, and american flag) and blurry. The middle space seems wasted and I think you should change from a white background to something less plain. I think on your site overall you should user highly quality images.

I like the contact page and how you used a form, its nicely laid out and I liked how you had FAQ's for potential customers. Overall I think your site might need a little more work, you should optimize it so it looks the same on any screen size, I use a widescreen monitor and when I resized the window your site looks totally different. The main box in the middle covers up the top part of the webpage it looks like your using an iframe not sure though.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:21 PM
LawnSite Member

I have my sound turned off because I don't like all the dinging that I get with windows -- everytime something opens I hear a noise - drives me crazy.

Sooo, I didn't hear the commercial but I do like your site. In Mozilla Firefox, the white area is on top of your Grandview landscaping text. You may want to check that out (and I have the newest version of Firefox).

I like the pictures you have at the top but you may consider replacing them of examples of your work unless of course those are examples of your work?

I also think that you should consider posting some rates just to give people an idea of what it could possibly cost. I think that a lot of people go to websites to figure out how much they're going to spend and if you give them at least an idea, they maybe more likely to call to get a real estimate.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought the audio was great but thank god for the off switch. If someone was visiting regularily it would get annoying.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I love it!
Old 07-01-2006, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Get rid of the audio garbage. Very annoying. It's like those fun pages with the midi music blaring when you open the page. It would be ok if.... No take it off!