Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-13-2006, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Just want to voice my opinion on the matter at hand and Exmark isn't even saying anything to let us know what is going on. It is business as usual and lets sell some more worry about the fix later.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS
They were posted. It was woodworx, Gamba, and myself. Several posts WERE there. And now they're not. It's not like the thread was good and went bad...it was bad all along.

In years past, these type of threads didn't even appear, so I guess we should be glad that they allowed it in the first place.

I too would like some more feedback from eXmark. Afterall, I was an AVID eXmark fan, and left them because of this quality of cut issue.

Exmark and Toro (Toro management being more to blame in my mind) are doing themselves in quite nicely. They had better get it together rather quickly.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:39 AM

I understand what you are saying about wanting to be able to voice your opinion - that' what this site is for. I just want to make sure everyone is on the same page here. Have you posted in the exmark forum about this issue and have you emailed Brian, the rep in the forum? I would think this is your best bet.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Member

If you find yourself having to deal direct with the factory on any big ticket item . . . i.e. mower, boat, auto, truck, etc . . . and your dealer knows you are not happy and may lose you and will not do battle with the factory to keep you as a customer, you probably have a weak relationship with your dealer . . . or worse a "poor" dealer . . . . Solution buy the same products that the big boys boy . . . "hospitals, parks, large apartment management firms" etc . . .buy. SCAG ! ! ! ! or buy the new upcoming kid on the block that cares about your opinion . . . HUSTLER ! ! ! In the case of HUSTLER, the guy monitoring the forum can actually influence a decision . . .same as SCAG . . . with a large company like eXmark/TORO the person monitoring the forum probably can only add your gripe to the stack and enough of the same gripe, they may have a "meeting" and try to decide if the problem should be corrected on future models and what small effort should be made to correct those that brought it to their attention. Smaller mfgs correct small problems quicker . . . Large mfgs see acknowledging a small problem as the creation of a large problem. This means $$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 07-14-2006, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Sorry if I affended anyone . . . .
Old 07-14-2006, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Come on over to the good side (Hustler forum). I have ragging on them for about 3 years when the GateStar or whatever the latest name is was coming to the market and they never deleted one post.

Still no GateStar which looks like it will stay in research and design department. Not interested in it anymore.

All my mowers are Hustler except the 21" commercial 2 cycle Toro . Best mower company in my opinion. Excellent customer service.

Bill