Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-26-2006, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

rebuild?

how much trouble to rebuild this edger? http://cgi.ebay.com/Commercial-grade...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-26-2006, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

More than its worth IMHO...
'99 Craftsman GT w/20hp V-Twin Kohler Pro, Automatic, Modified Triple Blade 50" Deck w/Electric Height Adjustment | '90 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Self Propelled Commercial Engine Mower | '75 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Push Commercial Engine Mower | 42" High Speed Lawn Sweeper | 48" Snow/Dozer Blade | 48" Core Aerator | 36" 400lb Lawn Roller | '98 Ryobi 790r 31cc 2 cycle Split-Straight Shaft Trimmer/Edger | Echo PB-200 Blower
Old 07-26-2006, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

It looks like alot of stuff has been stripped off of it already

That gearbox/blade gaurd is probably not too cheap. Is the carb even there? I cant tell from the picture but the tube that should go from the air filter box to the engine is missing. The fuel tank is also missing. It would be under and come up behind the engine.

If you already have one and need some parts it looks like the frame is pretty good. I really dont know what to tell you.

I wouldnt mind picking it up for myself to tinker with...but I am a Tanaka dealer and can get the parts a little cheaper. I will look up and get some prices on the parts that appear to be missing and post up here tommorrow sometime.

You may wanna ask the seller if the carb is on there or not...
Old 07-26-2006, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs
It looks like alot of stuff has been stripped off of it already

That gearbox/blade gaurd is probably not too cheap. Is the carb even there? I cant tell from the picture but the tube that should go from the air filter box to the engine is missing. The fuel tank is also missing. It would be under and come up behind the engine.

You may wanna ask the seller if the carb is on there or not...
The description notes most of that. " It is missing some parts, namely, the blade assembly and carburetor. I believe the motor is okay, although the pull-start needs work. Selling as-is"
Old 07-26-2006, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newz7151
The description notes most of that. " It is missing some parts, namely, the blade assembly and carburetor. I believe the motor is okay, although the pull-start needs work. Selling as-is"
Shoot...I saw the part about the blade assembly...didnt see the part about the carb for some reason...must have skipped right over that.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Carb lists for 93-95 depending on SN. Fuel Tank is like 78. The Gearbox is 210. The two halves of the blade cover are 51 and 24. Then there are tons of smaller parts. Fuel lines, air filter tube...lots of little parts to go with holding the blade. I would say get a new one unless you have some of these parts laying around...