Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-19-2006, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmaximus240
i paid $5300 before tax. Its really nice and cuts fantastic, Ilove it

I got my 01, 52"/17 kawi with Jungle wheels for $2500 cold hard cash, no tax.
It had only 200 hr+/- when I got in 2004. The machine has not changed much except different pumps but the lay out and material still the same, especially ECS. Great machine, but I won't pay like 5k+ for a wb, that is me.
Congrats though. Keep eye on hydro pump belt after 30-50 hrs, it might start chewing and snapping cause this is one of TTHP weakness. New model might have been upgraded with new idler spring, but you have to keep eye on. The rest is bullet proof.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Member

i heard about the belt thing

I shopped a couple of dealers and prices were about $100 difference. I looked at some used mowers that had the snot beat out of them. No one had any leftover 04 or 05 models. With what I sold my belt drive for I came out pretty good and paid cash for it.
I really like it and I know my productivity will go up, still very happy with it. Gonna try in Feb to get a quick 36 so I can get in those gated backyards.
Positive cash flow been real good this year. Even though the crooked oil companies are screwing us.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

where are u at in Tn Maximus?????
Old 08-19-2006, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Member

in knoxville.

almost to farragut...live with the snobs hope to move to halls/ftn city area
Old 08-20-2006, 01:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

hahah I here ya I ain't that far west.. I hate that area too, turkey creek and all that mess. hell at part of town is goin DOWN HILLLLL......
Old 08-20-2006, 03:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmaximus240
I shopped a couple of dealers and prices were about $100 difference. I looked at some used mowers that had the snot beat out of them. No one had any leftover 04 or 05 models. With what I sold my belt drive for I came out pretty good and paid cash for it.
I really like it and I know my productivity will go up, still very happy with it. Gonna try in Feb to get a quick 36 so I can get in those gated backyards.
Positive cash flow been real good this year. Even though the crooked oil companies are screwing us.
No question, it is eXmark best wb in the market, eventhough the price is a joke now. Productivity will soar up but once you get a hold on a Z, you will change your mind, like me....
happy cutting.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Member

I like to walk

I feel like I have better control and dont miss the little stuff. I am not really busy enough for a Z. I always had belt drives. Its like going from A volkswagon to a ferrari for me. Hope one day to need a Z but not yet
Old 08-22-2006, 02:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

gahhh lee I hear ya when I first had went from a belt to hydro, I was amazed.. to say the least the productivity is awesome, I no longer have slipping belts or slow turning or speed increases going down hills.... needless to say I am very pleased with the exmark hydros..
Old 08-26-2006, 01:05 AM
LawnSite Member

yeah the mower rocks

I love my exmark, it is a great mower. I always said I dont need a hydro..but I was wrong. My buddy has a quick 36 and I cant believe how cheap this little mower is pricewise. It is a super handling mower, stripes better than mine and is of super quality. It will for sure be my next second mower. I have heard nothing but good things on these and their customer service from what I hear is second to none. I have only been mowing for two years and I have had real good luck and I love being outside as I work inside 40 hours a week. I must say this website is great I have learned so much here and it has saved me lots of money and mistakes