Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-25-2006, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco Z 2 on ebay with only 200 hours

OK, I want to see how far off base I am. Now if a new MTD Lesco Z 2 is 6899 then with my Mr. Haney formula it should bring around 50 cents on the $ of a new one. I figure it to go for around 3600$.

Could someone please provide the link? Thanks!
Old 08-25-2006, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So now there MTD Lescos?
Old 08-25-2006, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 01 M-60 tank, over 1000 hours, barely used last 3 years, there giving me 3400.00 on trade.
Figure thats a pretty good deal.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriken
I have a 01 M-60 tank, over 1000 hours, barely used last 3 years, there giving me 3400.00 on trade.
Figure thats a pretty good deal.
That's a great deal, are you trading it for a 72?

Somebody plese provide the link to watch the aution. If it brings real money I will give Envy a break.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REALSLOW

Somebody plese provide the link to watch the aution. If it brings real money I will give Envy a break.
probably, not sure when though.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

I can't get it to upload but you can go to www.ebay.com and put in the search bar Lesco 60" Z 2 and it will pop right up.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'd bet closer to $4500
Old 08-25-2006, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
OK, I want to see how far off base I am. Now if a new MTD Lesco Z 2 is 6899 then with my Mr. Haney formula it should bring around 50 cents on the $ of a new one. I figure it to go for around 3600$.

Could someone please provide the link? Thanks!
And your point to all of this would be what???....
To say "hey look at me... I like being a pest so much that I don't mind looking like a moron."

News flash.... most commercial mowers do good to bring 50 cents on the dollar used.
Especially when auctioned... unless a couple of dummies get to fighting over it.
Doesn't matter what brand it is.

Diesels and big-name brands will occasionally fair better... as in Toro or John Deere..

Case in point, I screwed up and screwed myself out of getting a 23/52" Scag with the collection system and almost no hours off Ebay for about what the bagger cost new. Why? at the time, the Scag fans were busy in a bid war fighting over a big Turf Tiger and the rest of the guys were doing the same over a Toro.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 08-26-2006, 06:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy Lawn Service
And your point to all of this would be what???....
To say "hey look at me... I like being a pest so much that I don't mind looking like a moron."

News flash.... most commercial mowers do good to bring 50 cents on the dollar used.
Especially when auctioned... unless a couple of dummies get to fighting over it.
Doesn't matter what brand it is.

Diesels and big-name brands will occasionally fair better... as in Toro or John Deere..

Case in point, I screwed up and screwed myself out of getting a 23/52" Scag with the collection system and almost no hours off Ebay for about what the bagger cost new. Why? at the time, the Scag fans were busy in a bid war fighting over a big Turf Tiger and the rest of the guys were doing the same over a Toro.
I am just curious as to weather or not the public is catching on to how high quality the Z 2 is as you say ? I mean according to you it is just as good as my Hustler spec for spec and 2000$ cheaper so it should fair well right? This is the perfect auction for my test.

B.s I find the products people want do well and the ones that don't follow the Mr. Hainey rule of 50 cents on the $!
Old 08-26-2006, 08:10 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
I am just curious as to weather or not the public is catching on to how high quality the Z 2 is as you say ? I mean according to you it is just as good as my Hustler spec for spec and 2000$ cheaper so it should fair well right? This is the perfect auction for my test.

B.s I find the products people want do well and the ones that don't follow the Mr. Hainey rule of 50 cents on the $!
I also agree there as good as any other brand out there, and better then most. Sounds like your mad they sell a mower for 2000.00 less, and you have to spend 2000.00 more to keep your image. Oh well for each their own. I'm satisfied with what I buy also.