Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-24-2000, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Member

how much did that aerator run you and do you like it and were can i view it on a web site<br>(manufacturer if posibe)??Thanks alot,Tim<p>timcampbell_cleancutlawncare@hotmail.com
Old 03-24-2000, 11:01 PM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Click &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.classen-mfg.com/tp-48r.html&quot;&gt;Classen&lt;/a&gt; is the Classen webpage or I have it on my website in my equipment page in the Lesco version, but built by Classen. I paid $1299 at Lesco, and yes, I like it a lot. It works nice and does a great job.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<p><p><p><br>
Old 03-25-2000, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Member

hey does this aerator leave terds behind?
Old 03-25-2000, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, You do get the canadian geese affect.
Old 03-25-2000, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Member

ever hear of a TURFCO aerator.the one im looking at is the TM-42 TRACTOR MOUNT..is it any good or should i get one that i can tow with my ztr(which is the tow type)...price for the tractor mount is 995+85 shipping..tow type is 1540+95 shipping<p>turfco.com<p>thank you all for your help and responses,tim<br>
Old 03-25-2000, 05:31 PM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Tim, If you have a 3 pt. hitch, I would get the tractor mount, as they call it. With the 3 pt. hitch, you can lift it over side walkes, driveways, sprinkler heads, ect. If you have a Lesco around, check out the one like I have, it can be used as a tow behind or on a 3 pt. hitch. Best of both worlds, but yes, it does leave cores on the lawns which disappear in a couple of weeks.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
Old 03-26-2000, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

After I aerate,I reseed the lawn and hopefully by then the cores have dried(I dp it on a sunny day).Then I pull a drag mat over the whole lawn with a rider or a golf cart.this pulls the seed and busts the cores up,it is a little dusty when doing this.I have found at the golf course at 7/8 inch height or on my lawn at 3&quot; it lools better,is kinder to your blades and the amount of seed that takes is almost double,does anyone else drag them in?I agree with Eric,if you have a 3ph on a tractor,use it,you have more flexibility,and people dont like there walks and driveways aerated.<p>----------<br>John D<br>