Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-19-2000, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Member

The Stihl br400 is an excellent blower and right now the best on the market. Now all of you who complained about choke knobs breaking off, there has been a cure for a year now. This tells me that you are going to very poor mechanincs that keep selling you parts to make money and not help your situtation, The new part number for the low profile choke knob is 4203 182 9501. These do not break of when starter handle hits them.
Old 03-19-2000, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well it doesn't exactly say a whole lot for Stihl. We've bought 10 Stihl blowers over the past 2 years and have never been notified. We've asked the dealer, they said they didn't know anything about it.<p>I'm not sure part of the responsibility doesn't lie with the manufacturer.<p>Anyway, thanx for the updated part number, we'll be sure to specify that one.<p>PS: When they start as good as a Stihl, you don't need choke anyway!
Old 03-22-2000, 12:02 PM
Banned

i have a br400 and a shin eb480 from 96 i think brs like stop and go better than shins but if i was going to blow off a very large building the shin has a bigger gas tank and a farther reach with air it is alot heavier, if i was in and out of the truck all day go br - if i was at one location all day gotta go shin...alot of the time we run both, shins spark arrester needs cleaning about every 30 hours or so- depending...
Old 03-22-2000, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Our choke knobs fall off like everybody elses. What we did to fix the problem is take the knobs off all the blowers and replaced them with a 1 1/2 &quot; long fuel line.<br>who ever maintains your equipment should have the right diameter that you will need. Let me know what you think.Good luck
Old 03-26-2000, 04:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info, ordered a RedMax EB 6200 from Alamia.com would have got the Stihl from Russo $318 and saved $81.00-shipping but they have an agreement with Stihl and can't ship them. Also got a Shindawia T230 from alamia $239.00 (209.00 at Russo but got free shipping ($30.00 really) at alamia for light trim work (have a Stihl FS85 for the tuff stuff) Thanks everyone for the info.