Click for Weather

Old 09-06-2006, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier-Lawn

I see said the blind man.....
Old 09-06-2006, 02:55 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't mean to be spammy but I stumbled across this thread today and thought I would give a little input. First yes, I provide merchant accounts, but I will try to be unbiased here.

A couple of possible solutions:

1. Wireless credit card terminals. This allows you to swipe a card on site, gives you greater chargeback protection, and a lower rate because the transaction is swiped. Downside is upfront money, and or lease costs can be prohibitive. In addition if you have several trucks running around to you might need multiple terminals.

2. Software. Considerably less expensive option. Their are quite a few options out there. The benifit is for someone who has a lot of lawns they are billing monthly as several types of saoftware allow you to set up automated billing. For instance if you are billing 200 lawns on the first of the month, you only need to enter the credit card information one time. For each successive month the transaction is automated. Benefit is obviously convenience. The down side is you are now looking at a non swiped transaction so it will cost a bit more.

Hope that is of some help. If anyone ever wants some additional information on merchant accounts, feel free to email me.

merchant.consultant@gmail.com

Rob
Old 09-06-2006, 02:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Sorry double post
Old 09-06-2006, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Let's say you do have a wireless terminal. What percentage of customers are home when you finish a lawn? Out of those how much time does it take to go to the door and wait for them to open and then find their CC? That isn't counting the time listening to the customer complain or other BS all while your crew sits in the truck on the clock.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Good point, I Fulano. I didn't think of that. I assume a lot of your customers are at work when you are doing their lawns. Wireless probably isn't a tedrribly attractive option after all. I do see some value in the software solution in spite of the higher percentage.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawncare3
Next year all I will have is cc's. I have too much BS from ppl not paying on time/ever. Ann new customers I have signed in the past haev't had a problem with it. Either CC before or check at door each trip. I think for $25.00 I actually recieve 24.25 I went to www.merchantwarehouse.com Their real morons but once you get your equip you never have to speak with them. I carry an imprinter in the truck if there is a cc present at jobsite.
if you use one, which program do you use of theirs? im seeing pc charge express, pc charge pro, and authorize.net.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

hey frontier we sent you a pm.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Overwhelmingly our clients are on CC.Along about 2000 CC was made the only options for new maintenance client's . Taking CC was a very good business decision for us. Postage and office costs decrease, and CC allows better control of cash flow.