Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-26-2006, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLandscapes
Dont listen to all these negative lowlifes.. you going to see many of them on this site
It's called being realistic. And it's better than giving the wrong(bad) advice.

And frankly, how is ANYONE supposed to answer his question?

That's like asking the board to tell me if I'm going to puke this weekend during(or after) my birthday party.

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 09-26-2006, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

first off what i meant by ive been in the business for 2 years is that ive been working for other people and i would like to go out on my own and see if i do any better.

And second i dont intend to make lots of money with this snowblowing. if i did that would be great! but its really just something for me to do in the winter.

i havent made one dime yet under "Brian's Lawn Care" because i havent really started yet.
i realize that next spring i will need to get a business license and register my name. or should i get it this fall before i start to advertise for my snowblowing?

and yes i will get insurance when i start mowing in the spring. mainly because i dont see a need for it when i am just blowing snow. what major damage could i do that i couldnt pay for. so i am not worried about that.

i am not going to be a lowballer either next summer. i am going to do it right and not cheap shot all the others out there
Old 09-26-2006, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwildcat
how do you expect some one to answer you ? its like saying will it rain next spring? sure it will but how much rain will fall? you will make as much as you want to make thats if you are willing to invest every second of your day and every weekend, time ,money... its all in what you want to make of it !!
No doubt, because if we tell you that yes you will make enough then you go out and get a whopping 3-4 accounts and are later disappointed that you didn't? ... Or if we say no, then you won't even try ...?

Fact is, there's no telling from our standpoint sir, we can not predict the future, especially not someone else's but really not even our own heheh...

Do the best you can, let the cards fall in place, either you get it or you don't, it really is that simple. Best advice I can give you is this:
Right first thing start saving your money (yes really right now) and put aside always as much as you can, and keep doing that.
Once you have some, pay off your credit cards, pay off your car, pay off everything you own before even going into business.
Once the car is paid for, lower your insurance to the bare minimum (basic liability only, as required by law) and learn to be a careful driver.
Then, pay your insurance the first time it comes due in one lump sum (no payments, they charge $5 / month or more 'admin' fees + stamp + envelope + god help you should you forget even one time).
And keep your credit cards and everything paid off, in full, every month.
Put your electric, phone, and cable / internet on automated pay (well you got the money, right?), no more 1.5% late fee which btw = 18% apr.
And so on...
At least to me, saving my money has become a primary focus of my business.
First, I save next winter's money. Then, I save for equipment on top of that, then I go see what they have and how much I have.
Much to my dismay, as soon as I have the money to buy what I wanted a year (or three) ago, they've gone up in price... But by then I've got enough money in the bank that they pay ME like 30-45 dollars / month in interest and I have zero problem saving more on top of that until I DO got enough and if the price goes up again then I save some more because I still get closer every day.

... and NEVER take out another loan (except if you HAVE the money in the bank and it does NOT affect your final figure and they ARE willing to give you 36 months no payment / no interest (or even 6-12 months, whatever) but you got to have the cash in bank and if it affects you in any way to have that loan then you pay it off and you're done.

just my .002

Last edited by topsites; 09-26-2006 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveoboy01
That's like asking the board to tell me if I'm going to puke this weekend during(or after) my birthday party.
90% chance of after
Old 09-27-2006, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah but you don't even know if I drink.

You don't know WHAT I drink if I do indeed drink.

Am I a binge drinker or a sipper?

Will any hot girls drive me to drink more than I should?

Way too many variables here

Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 09-27-2006, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B
will i make enough money mowing this summer to buy a plow and all the mounting hardware for next winter? ~$4,000 is what i would need to make
Its your lucky day, i can tell you that you will make $4010, well done
Old 09-27-2006, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLandscapes
Dont listen to all these negative lowlifes.. you going to see many of them on this site

Sorry for being a lowlife, disreguard my other posts--
YES YOU CAN__ GO FOR IT HECK MOST MAKE LOTS MORE IN JUST A FEW SHORT DAYS. THIS IS THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN THE WORLD CUTTING GRASS IS THE QUICKEST WAY TO RICHES THERE IS. BUT ME BEING A LOWLIFE WANTED TO KEEP IT ALL TO MYSELF. AND JJ CAUGHT ME AT IT DANG. OK DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THROW CAUTION TO THE WIND!!!!!! WHAT IS THERE TO LOSE. YOU ARE ALREADY ON YOUR WAY TO BEING A MILLIONAIRE

WELCOME TO THE RICH BOYS CLUB-- NO LOWLIFES ALLOWED
Old 09-27-2006, 12:06 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveoboy01
Yeah but you don't even know if I drink.

You don't know WHAT I drink if I do indeed drink.

Am I a binge drinker or a sipper?

Will any hot girls drive me to drink more than I should?

Way too many variables here
OK, after some recalculation the odds are now 88.5%
Old 09-27-2006, 12:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLAWN
OK, after some recalculation the odds are now 88.5%

I think your calculator is a residential model

Quote:
Old 09-27-2006, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgropher
Its your lucky day, i can tell you that you will make $4010, well done
haha thanks