Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-18-2000, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

what is the best way to change the seeder blades? i tryed takeing off the reel,doing it with the reel on the mechine,still takes a few hrs. also any aftermarket parts outlets out there for that seeder.<br> thanks anthony
Old 03-19-2000, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anthony - we take the reel right off of the machine and work on it on the bench. Try using a ratcheting box end wrench, it seems to be the only tool for the job. <p>Do you have trouble with the shoulder bolts that attach the seed hopper to the chassis? They were screwed into nuts which were welded into the chassis at the factory. The only problem is that when they break off it is very difficult to put new ones on because the metal fatigues and if you overtighten the bolts the hopper won't slide anymore. If you haven't noticed this problem, check for it. Mine is about 5 years old and has had the problem for a couple of years. I am going to try a reversal where I weld the bolts stud side out, then secure the hopper with nylon lock nuts. If anyone has another idea let me know.<p>----------<br>Phil Grande - Soundview Landscape Supply - http://members.aol.com/slsnursery<br>Ivy League Landscaping - http://members.aol.com/scagrider
Old 03-19-2000, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Member

SLS is right take the reel rightoff. we keep an extra reel for each machine just so we don't have to wait, because it does take awhile.
Old 03-19-2000, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

hi phil yes i do have that problem with the sholder bolts. i just picked up six extra bolts last week, lost two last season.let me know how you make out with the reversel.<br> thanks anthony<br>also the bolt that holds the belt shield keeps breaking.
Old 03-19-2000, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

hi phil yes i do have that problem with the sholder bolts. i just picked up six extra bolts last week, lost two last season.let me know how you make out with the reversel.<br> thanks anthony<br>also the bolt that holds the belt shield keeps breaking.
Old 03-21-2000, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

thanks for the replys