Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-20-2000, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Member

i am thinking of buying a Walker brand mower with the grass catching system. Anyone use them?, and how are they on large yard where you don't catch the clippings vs.exmark (very popular in south Ga) or dixie chopper (these mowers require additional motor for grass catcher and get off mower to dump)
Old 03-21-2000, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hey dbroome-<br>goto the top of the home page at this site & click on search, then type in walker, & it will show you all the recent discussions on walkers- there's been quite a few of them in the past few months.<br>Also try &quot;mower brands&quot;, &quot;best mower&quot;, etc.<br>Hope this helps.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>
Old 03-21-2000, 04:53 PM
manr

Walkers are one of the better mowers around I guess that my personal opinion<p>I have owned one now for the past 6 years<p>I have a 16hp 42&quot; deck GHS. We have to bag everything in my area, two of my lawns I open my back door and let it fly out<p>I trade every two years I average about 650hrs a year. With very little maintenace<br>The current Walker I have has 1300 hrs and will be replaced next month The only thing I've had to replace are two bearings and I always put on new belt before each season<p>The reason I trade every two years is that the mower and engine has warranty of two years. I do believe that the mower will last a lot longer. I don't even want to think about any break downs.<br>I have a friend who has over 2000 hrs on his and he hasen't had any major problems with it.<p>I don't know anything about exmark or dixie chopper But after having a Walker I wouldn't want anything else.<br>
Old 03-21-2000, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey manr I thought the machine had a one year warranty and the pumps had three. Please respond. <p>----------<br>Bobby <br>Ft Lauderdale
Old 03-21-2000, 05:28 PM
manr

Bobby I stand corrected<p>I just checked out my owners manual<br>1 year mower<br>2 years on the kohler engine<br>3 years on the gear axle assembly AKA(hydrostats)<p>