Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-18-2000, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Has anyone any experience, good , or bad, with the new john Deere Z-track out front Ztr's?
Old 03-18-2000, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Yep sure have. We were the first company to use and own a Z-Track last year in the state on Nebraska. However we traded it in for John Deere's new Z-Track which is the Mid Z. Just like a Lazer Z. We went with the Mid Z'z because they are MUCH better on hills. The front mounts are great for level areas, but since we mow on all types of terrain we went with the Mid Z's. Also, the mid Z's have twice the amount of gas capacity and the bagging system for them holds 3 more bushels. John Deere is a great product, but depending on price I would either look into a mid Z or go with a different brand. I hate to say that because I am John Deere all the way, but this site is to help not hinder. Like I said if you were comparing the front mount Z to something else that is similiar and they were the same price I wouldn't even think twice, but John Deere tends to be a bit more expensive. Just my 3 cents worth.
Old 03-18-2000, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice thing about John Deere is thatbthey back up the machine 2000000000000%. Anytime I have had a problem my dealer has taken care of it, even when it was technically out of warranty. I like the new mid z but would wait till they manage a LQ Kawi in it.<br>If you haggle enough they will come pretty close to the price of competive ztrs.<br>
Old 03-18-2000, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Ditto on service. If I have any type of problem with any of my equipment I am first in line. That is worth a few extra bucks to me. Also, to the post above, what is is you like about the Kawasaki engine that you don't like about the Kohler? Do you know for fact that they are going to put a Kaw. engine in them? Thanks!
Old 03-19-2000, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont know what I dont like about the kohler specifically. They are loud and just dont seem to have the power a kawi does.<br>When I worked for another guy he had all kohlers and I worked on them more than mowing with them. My dealer told me JD has prototype kawis in the mid mount. But dont know when it will be out. I guess FE Kees makes the frame (as they do for most ztr-s) and JD does the rest. I like that 7 gauge steel deck. <br>Dino
Old 03-21-2000, 07:37 AM
LawnSite Member

IN REFERENCE TO JOHN DEERE'S MID MOUNT MOWER I WAS USING JOHN DEERE FOR 16 YEARS AND I WAS IN THE MARKET FOR A MID MOUNT. I USED FRONT MOUNTS FOR YEARS AND I AGREE THAT UNLESS YOU ARE RUNNING A 4 WHEEL DRIVE YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS ON HILLS. I TOO TOOK COST INTO CONSIDERATION AND I BOUGHT A NEW X-MARK FOR ABOUT $1000 LESS THAN A JOHN DEERE. I ALSO GOT A LIQUID COOLED 22 HP KAWI WHICH JOHN DEERE DOESN'T EVEN OFFER.<p>----------<br>RICK'S LAWN CARE<br>
Old 03-21-2000, 10:56 AM
LawnSite Member

Anyone know the Blade speed of the JD 608 out-front Z-track