Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-23-2006, 08:52 AM
Ed G Ed G is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Clermont, Fl
Posts: 140
sprinkler donuts

Can anyone please suggest an on-line source for purchasing sprinkler donuts - cheap?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-23-2006, 09:08 AM
PurpHaze's Avatar
PurpHaze PurpHaze is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 6,306
Why? No faith in pop-up capabilities?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-23-2006, 09:19 AM
Ed G Ed G is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Clermont, Fl
Posts: 140
Oh, I have faith in pop-ups. I also have faith in my snapper to cut anything.

After all this manual labor, I do want to protect my new investment .

Had the zones operating with the controller for the first time yesterday.

After four months of the sprinkler system being disconnected, the grass was wondering what all the wet stuff was.

That Rainbird ESP-4MI is a pretty cool controller. I love the zone test function. Lets me stay in the backyard and check head operation without a 1000 trips to the controller location.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-23-2006, 09:29 AM
PurpHaze's Avatar
PurpHaze PurpHaze is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed G
Oh, I have faith in pop-ups. I also have faith in my snapper to cut anything.

After all this manual labor, I do want to protect my new investment .
Chicken!!!!

Quote:
Had the zones operating with the controller for the first time yesterday.
Any pictures yet? How's the overall coverage look so far?

Quote:
After four months of the sprinkler system being disconnected, the grass was wondering what all the wet stuff was.
What?... No dogs to pee in the back yard?

Quote:
That Rainbird ESP-4MI is a pretty cool controller. I love the zone test function. Lets me stay in the backyard and check head operation without a 1000 trips to the controller location.
Any controller with a zone test function is a joy. Any controller with a remote is ecstasy.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Ed G Ed G is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Clermont, Fl
Posts: 140
I meant to ask in another thread, but what pix would you like to see? Gimme a "shoping list".

Coverage is amazing. I can't walk anywhere in the yard without getting shot in the eye with a stream of water.


I just finished the job at about 3:00 PM (est) yesterday.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-23-2006, 09:46 AM
PurpHaze's Avatar
PurpHaze PurpHaze is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed G
I meant to ask in another thread, but what pix would you like to see? Gimme a "shoping list".
Anything you find of interest.

Quote:
Coverage is amazing. I can't walk anywhere in the yard without getting shot in the eye with a stream of water.
Then it sounds like we have head-to-head coverage pretty much. THAT'S the name of the game. As more homes are built in the surrounding areas you'll need to keep an eye on things to see if the pressure goes down any more. If their radii are a little too much right now you can always knock them down a little to keep things in balance.

Quote:
I just finished the job at about 3:00 PM (est) yesterday.
Now you'll be ready to tackle your neighbors' irrigation systems?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-23-2006, 09:55 AM
Ed G Ed G is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Clermont, Fl
Posts: 140
no way.

I have been asked by a neighbor to help with the design and install of his system.

I'll do my own work, but in order to keep harmony in the neighborhood, I'm going to recommend the guy hire an irrigation pro.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-23-2006, 07:32 PM
PurpHaze's Avatar
PurpHaze PurpHaze is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed G
no way.

I have been asked by a neighbor to help with the design and install of his system.

I'll do my own work, but in order to keep harmony in the neighborhood, I'm going to recommend the guy hire an irrigation pro.
Not as easy as some think, eh?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-23-2006, 07:41 PM
Uranus's Avatar
Uranus Uranus is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mass
Posts: 1,646
www.www.costlessirrigation.com try this. 15 surrounds for 50 bucks
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-24-2006, 08:00 AM
justgeorge's Avatar
justgeorge justgeorge is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: S/W Ohio
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams LC
www.www.costlessirrigation.com try this. 15 surrounds for 50 bucks
while I was browsing there I noticed they are selling Hunter adjustment keys for $10 + $5 shipping - I need to get in on that action!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 PM.

Page generated in 0.07074 seconds with 10 queries