Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-18-2000, 09:03 AM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
IMHO the 52&quot; deck is much better than the 44&quot;<br>I have 2 of each. The 52 Is offset more so it<br>trims better, since the carrier frame is<br>wider it is more stable on hillsides, and<br>it just plain mow better.<p>The only reason to buy a 44' deck is to<br>be able to haul it in the back of a pickup.
Old 03-18-2000, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey guys, do you all use gator blades on your mowers at all times? Are they that much more effective than regular blades? Can I use these on my old Exmark Viking walk behind?<br>thank you<p>----------<br>Integrated Landscape Solutions<br>Lexington, KY
Old 03-18-2000, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

you're right lawrence about the 44/52.<p>At an auction today, a beautiful 62&quot; Toro deck with carrier frame went for $50.00! I couldn't believe it! The thing was in perfect shape.<p>I don't have any application, nor do I know anybody who needs one or I would've bought it for a present.
Old 03-18-2000, 10:34 PM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
Lazer wrote:<p>&gt;At an auction today, a beautiful 62&quot; Toro deck with carrier frame went for $50.00! I couldn't believe it! The thing was in perfect shape.<p>I would have gave you $200 no problem.<br>Don't pass up another 62&quot; deck again.<br>I will buy it sight unseen.