Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-23-2006, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Member

aux hydraulics

every time i go to connect my aux hydraulics quick couplers to an attachment i have a problem getting them to connect...to get it to connect i loosen the connecting nut and then it seems to let air or fluid out and then it connects easily...

is there something else i should be doing, or is this normal?
Old 10-23-2006, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Member

I have the same problem with my skid steer with my grapple bucket, I find that moving the controls a little or turning off the machine works!!
George
Old 10-23-2006, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

what kind of machine do you have? On the Bobcats you can shut down, with the button inside the cab that releases the hyd pressure or you can push the quick connect fitting IN... not the part that spews fluid, but the whole fitting slides in to release pressure. Explained in owners manual.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is it on a skid or mini x?
Old 10-23-2006, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobcatservice

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcopterdoc
what kind of machine do you have? On the Bobcats you can shut down, with the button inside the cab that releases the hyd pressure or you can push the quick connect fitting IN... not the part that spews fluid, but the whole fitting slides in to release pressure. Explained in owners manual.
Well explained, once in a while on my hoe attm. i will let a little tension off boom and helps. Other wise the blead off button on the newer machines works very well. I have owned these machines for 12 years and they are nothing like they used to be.
Mike
Old 10-23-2006, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

on my cat you have to turn the machine off. don't know why just the only way to get them on
agri metal strawblower
more power and hand tools than i haul
Old 10-24-2006, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Easiest way is to turn the machine off, turn the key to the "on" position, release the park brake, then activate the auxiliary and loader functions a few times. Usually that does it, but if it's hot outside (above 70), good luck. The fluid in the attachment gets hot, pressurizes, and then you'll have to crack the hoses to get them on. Not a big deal, but on those hot days keeping attachment swapping to a minimum is best.

Go hard, go fast, or go home
Old 10-24-2006, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Scags example is how I need to do it on the newer electronic controled aux. hyd. The older ones with mechanical activation I only needed to shut the machine off and rock the activation lever back and forth. Little more complicated on the electronic controlled machines.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If it is a CAT work tool or machine there are updated couplers that allow you to connect the male under presure. The coupler is identified by it's black anodizing instead of the ZincDichromate (Gold color).

Hammers are alwafull no matter the brand because the accumulators seem to constantly apply pressure to the system.

If you always bleed the pressure off using the methods described above, and install the improved coupler you won't have any problems.

If you can ever get one line connected then you can release the pressure back through the work tool using the above described methods.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

We have those black, male attachment fittings on our combo bucket and if it's hot outside no way that's going on there without cracking the hoses. Our Cat salesman told us they would, but they won't. Cat needs to work on that a little more. Although with our 277 and it's combo bucket, we didn't have too much of an issue with those, but our 60" combo on our 216 is a beotch.

Go hard, go fast, or go home