The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2006, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i think your wrong..

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwats
I use a Cub Commercial M48KHS as a homeowner who mows four 1-3 acre yards after work or weekends for family members. This mower was removed from the Commercial line but was considered commercial when I bought it. I would like to think my complaints to Cub Cadet helped accomplish this. Though I'm not real thrilled with this machine, I am very aware of the value of the time saved using a Z. The yards I mow are rough, too rough for anything less as far as a Z goes. The frame of this M48 is tough and the pivoting front axle helps when you hit those holes. As far as bagging, I doubt if this Cub or the current 50" Z would be able to fill a bagger without some kind of boost. I think they missed the boat on the design of the 48" stamped deck and doubt if the 50" is better. Instead of raking, I windrow leaves, then back over them. It does a great job of mulching when you keep the rows low enough to back over them. As far as the value of the mower, I didn't save enough on this one to justify the lower quality. Hopefully the full fledged Commercial Cubs are better.
yes you get what you pay for, but i got the cub 50 tank from my dealer used , he used it a few times on his yard, payed little more then half price with the warrenty of three years included...

this machine keeps up with my toro z 450 in almost every way.... with 575 hours on it this year, and i have no problem bagging during fall cleanups, in some pretty thick crap too.....

these are way different machines then the homeowners model fast track..... doesnt even compare....

geat mower, no problems and like i said has no problem with cut quality , speed, or dependibility in comparison to my toro z

no such thing as a cheap commercial z, be prepared to pay at least 5 grand or way more, simple as that, dont bother with the lowes and tractor supply crap,,,,,
6 full time