Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-13-2006, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Equipment Question *long*

A while back a posted a thread asking about equipment and I didn't have many details. This time around, I do.

I went looking for a mower today after hours so I could look in peace and the only thing I found was:

-------------------------------------
Brand: Toro

Model #: 30251 Was a proline I believe, but I can't find it anywhere on their website!

Price: Was 2299, now 1899 (Listing was hard to read...I think this is what it was.)

Cut: 36 Inch

Not sure if anyone has any experiance with this mower, but if anyone does is this a good quality mower? I plan to use this for about 12 residential yards.

Now for the blower. In my last thread I mentioned that I was looking at a blower at Lowes and everyone said that it was probably this or that and that in reality I should not buy from big box stores. I can see where you guys are coming from, but I havn't ruled out big box stores yet because everything I had this season was from a big box store and it's holding up just fine.

The blower:

Brand: Husqvarana

Model: 125BT

25cc 140 MPG gas/backpack blower

490CFM

The last blower I used was a craftsman that was older than me and that thing is still kicking. Is this a blower of decent quality or should I just up and forget about the big box stores? Will this thing blow leaves out of the yard into piles? Retail on this thing is about 230. Also, they had a higher quality blower there before but it seems to be sold out or gone all together. If it's there next time im in I'll write down it's information, too.

Sorry if I left anything out, if anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it so much and sorry for duplicate threads I didn't think that trying to revive my old one with new information would do me much good.

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond!
Old 11-13-2006, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Member

I am not sure about the mower you looked at. I only have experience with Exmark walk-behind mowers. Do yourself a favor and buy either an ECHO blower or Stihl. I use ECHO and have had very good luck with them. Even though you will pay more for ECHO or Stihl you definitely need commercial grade equipment. It would last longer and hold up much better.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

buy whatever,but when it breaks have fun at home depo.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

25cc blower?? the high end commercials are about 55-65cc. spend the extra money you wont regret it
Old 11-14-2006, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would steer clear of the husqvarna blower.

As far as the mower goes, check the model # again as I think the one you have listed is wrong. What brand and size engine did the mower have? Was it new or used? I can't really tell based on your description.
2011 8x16 Pace Summit trailer
2010 Exmark TTHP 17/48
04 Exmark Viking 32"
96 Exmark Metro 36"
Echo, Redmax, and Shindaiwa handhelds. Husky chain saws.
2010 F-350 4x4 6.4 PSD w/ 8' Western plow.
1997 F-250 4x4 7.3 PSD
2004 Bobcat 61" 25hp ZTR for sale. 1100 hours, Under 10 hours on a TOTAL DECK REBUILD! PM for details
Old 11-14-2006, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i have that blower, im on my seconed one in 2 years, they work fine for blowing grass clippings, nice and light weight, they really stuggle in the leaves piles though. I bought mine from lowes, piston cracked after 1 year of use, took it to lowes and they handed me a new one, cant complain about that i guess. I would spend the money on a nicer unit if you can afford it, or if anything, just buy a hand held blower for now, until you can afford a redmax, stihl or echo, or something more commercial grade.
42" Z
36" WB
Redmax
Old 11-14-2006, 04:58 PM
LawnSite Member

I appreciate all of the replies. In regards to that mower, I don't know what to say besides I'm going to go into the dealer during store hours and check some things about because I coudln't find that mower anywhere.

For the blower, I'm going to look to see what type they have at the local dealer and at home depot. (I Know they have an echo at home depot). In the end I think I'll go with the blower from the dealer if I get the mower there, too.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Home Depot does carry Echo but it is residential grade equipment if you can afford it get the commercial grade