Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-28-2006, 07:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Still got 5 leaf jobs and some mulch to do. About 2 more weeks.Wife lost her job so I looking for all the work I can find.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm only part time but I've secured enough clean ups on lots that people own to keep me busy thru Feb. All this thru word of mouth.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffex
REAL AMERICAN GENIUS today we salute you "Mr Why is my lawn turning brown guy" this ones for you on that hot august , in the middle of a drought, day, you take the time to call me and ask me what I did to your lawn to make it turn brown. We salute your ultimate stupidity and inability to muster the energy to lift that heavy sprinkler to the center of your precious 1/4 acre estate and have the fortitude to turn the valve to the ON position !!!!! imagine this guys suprise when I told him about the wonders of H2O BRILLIANT!! but thats a different beer commercial
That's great ...I had a young couple exactly like that last summer and I've already taken on what I think may be another for next season. Makes you wonder...
Old 11-28-2006, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

looks fun. just be careful. when i first started doing tree work i didnt wear (alot)safety gear either because i thought i didnt need it, but i got wiser. its always a good idea to wear a safety harness up in a lift or bucket truck. safety glasses, hard hat(thats a no brainer) ear protection, gloves. i know i sound like a jackass but i dont like to see or hear of people getting hurt/killed. and it happens easy in tree work. be safe have fun.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

No mowing for 6 weeks so far. I didnt do to good on leaf cleanups either it got really cold and was preety much a drought until today! Im looking for all the work I can get becuse I am updateing everything! Its going to be a tight budget of a winter.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been done the clean ups for some time now...putting my thoughts Into a more efficient operation for 2007. Also getting ready for snow <------------A few of these and relax a bit While I can.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Location: sw Ohio, Wilmington (the wettest place in the state)
Havn't had a real mowing schedule since Sept. Been doing a lot of extra work this fall though. Broadleaf control, core aeration & fall fert., some pruning, and topdressing, and of course mulching leaves.
Had a really profitable Oct, and just started the paperwork for Nov.'s billing. Probably the best fall season ever.
I'm ready for a break now though. Going to take the camper to Florida again this year. Like last year I'll be riding my bicycle every day to combat the fat and stay in shape to do this all again next year.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i thought he was up there looking for the guy "mullet boy" that was trying to steel your customers????
Old 11-28-2006, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

We do things different up here in Canada Jodi. We wait until the leaves fall off the trees to gather them up. I never would have thought of going up and picking the leaves from the branches. Does this help you to get a jump on leaf season? We don't have that many customers that we have to do this. You must be a big company. Do you have trouble finding and keeping employees?

Old 11-28-2006, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Member

All done with lawns. Now I can attack the 'at home list'.