Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-29-2006, 09:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Employee Hand book?

I am wanting to write a hand book For Job Description and everything that they should expect
just looking for ideas if some one wanted to post theres or anything would help???
Old 11-29-2006, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

This is an example of a job description, the Gnome is my labor position. First I offer advise on how to be successful on our company. Next I let them know what results I expect. This really minimizes the verbiage yet gives a clear picture of what we are trying to achieve. Then I list the systems that they must learn and follow to produce the results we are expecting. Of course I can't expect the results I want without teaching them our systems.

Once I hire someone this then becomes the core for an employee contract. There is added verbiage about wages and benefits etc. Then we both sign it and we have a contract that clearly defines what both of our responsibilities are.

I cut and pasted this document and all the black dots were turned into ? sorry about that.

Gnome Guidelines
Advice
 Be respectful of your co-workers, clients and vendors.
 Follow directions, use common sense
 Use the systems developed and taught by the Gardener, donít be afraid to suggest improvements but donít reinvent the wheel.
 Be prepared, your work is a reflection of you. If you are on time, dialed in, locked and loaded, ready to go it will show in your work.
 Have high standards; be sure they are consistent.
 Have good work habits work efficiently. Handle personal problems on personal time.
 Represent the company in a professional manor at all times. Consider your personal hygiene, dress, and vocabulary.
 Stay busy; limit idle chitchat and non-productive actions.
 Limit discussions with clients to hello and goodbye; refer questions to your foreman.
 Follow maintenance guidelines for equipment and tools.
 Put tools and equipment back in their proper location, do not leave/set tools and equipment on driveways or pathways.
 Listen/pay attention when people are teaching you, ask questions if you are not clear on what you are to do.

Results statement
To work together as a team to continually be improving the overall appearance and operation of our clients homes. Follow current systems for operations as well as suggesting new systems to improve overall operations. To ensure you are providing accurate information to your supervisor regarding work completed and materials used. To ensure all equipment, tools and materials remain in top condition.

Systems laborer must understand and follow
 A perfect cut every time
 Lighting effects and maintenance
 Selective pruning of shrubs and groundcover
 Stupendous flowers
 Safe equipment operation
 Evaluating / prioritizing work to be completed
 Loading and unloading debris
 Proper pot Watering
 Communications etiquette
Old 11-29-2006, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I could be splitting hairs but I believe this topic belongs in Business Management where there are many more viewers and is likely to get more response.